Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Fully fold out arms warning

Gudino704

Reaction score
I flew my drone far and lost signal so the drone went on auto mode and started to return to the take off point when it got close enough it never gave me the option to take out of auto mode and hit a tree breaking the right rear arm and of course the propellers. I ordered and replaced the broken parts and when I was going to test fly the remote says fully fold out arms and it won't let me do anything. Is there a reset button or what can I do to fix this issue. Thanks

I had a similar problem after a small crash I pulled the battery
and pressed the power button replaced the battery and not an issue since

Accepting this is an old thread, the following may still be of use to others who face this issue.

I had been flying without any problems for several days. Then seemingly out of the blue, I got this error. Noticing that one arm no longer 'clicked' into place, I opened Karma up and found that a lug on the inner end of the arm had been damaged, presumably in an earlier incident. I replaced the arm and resolved this issue.

All if interested there is a very small plastic button on the lower end of the stop for each arm that closes a switch when arm in proper position. No button no switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you be more specific with the switch n bottom solution? I have the same error and nothing looks suspicious! I have no clue on what to do. I toke the arms apart and rebuilder the all thing and still ...extend the arms... that are fully extended

Can you be more specific with the switch n bottom solution? I have the same error and nothing looks suspicious! I have no clue on what to do. I toke the arms apart and rebuilder the all thing and still ...extend the arms... that are fully extended

If you unplug and pull arm out (There are lots if videos out there to show how to get to this point) you will see a small rectangular piece running down the length of the circular section that goes into the mounting hole. At the bottom of that rectangular section is a small circular 2 mm or so button. That button pushes a micro switch that indicates arm in proper position. The switch is behind small opening in the bottom if the circular opening.

If the button is broke off or the rectangular section is cracked or broke the switch will not close. I cracked the whole rectangular section which is the stop.

If absolutely sure everything mechanically sound check the microswitches themselves. You could just solder the connection closed but then you have to careful arms properly opened on your own.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildman