Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Controller can't connect or pair with karma after update

boki108

Reaction score
I am certainly not the only one who's karma stopped flying. One day a few months ago I pulled it out and the controller couldn't connect to the drone. The previous time everything worked, so it's weird how without doing anything from one time to the other it just stops working, it's like there was a kill switch timer inside. So like hundreds of others I did an update on the controller and after that it wouldn't even pair with the drone. Not being able to connect to it, the drone can't be updated of course, so I am stuck. Everything is in mint condition and this is clearly GoPro update messing things up. Everybody else concluded the same, and the only way to get around this problem was to call customer service, do a lot of blah blah, them pretending it's your own unique problem and you have to send them the video so that they can figure out what's going on when they know exactly what's going on and could even be doing this on purpose. So, you have to pay them some money I guess for some kind of support or added warranty, and eventually after blah blah and videos and hours wasted you somehow get a replacement drone. So fine, it's not fair but you either throw away your $1000 investment or pay another $129 or so and get a replacement for your perfectly fine looking drone. Can anybody help navigate through this and share what's the current situation on this problem? Thanks up front! BTW, I bought this in the US, and brought it with me all the way to Thailand, and now it's sitting here dead.

Beeholder

Reaction score
Same here... I've been fighting with the useless GoPro Support call bank for three weeks now, jumping through every hoop they request, refusing to pay their extortion fee to warranty a mint condition Karma. It's clearly a software issue that should be easily patched over the internet for free. I'm so fed up with the support staff and have no way of contacting anyone at headquarters. Is this the support teams way of extorting money from us to justify their job security, is HQ even aware of all the issues we have with their products?

Reactions: Mike

SurfDog

Reaction score
Website
www.pahouselink.com
Hate to say it but I think it's time to move on to a better platform! Support will not get any better moving forward.

Pretty sure "support" as it stands now, is only a CYA exercise (on GoPro's part) as there are potential lawsuits if one of these falls out out the air at 250 feet and kills someone!

boki108

Reaction score
This is quite strange that GoPro is willing to just let go of some hundreds or thousands of potential repeat customers. None of us will ever buy anything GoPro, and I alone own several cameras and one drone. Getting us to pay some BS warranty when they screwed up with the updates also doesn't make much sense. For that size company it's not a money maker. It's pocket money really. I guess I just have to get over the loss and the trouble hauling this heavy drone with two heavy batteries overseas to just throw them to the trash.

Christoff

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. Brand new stabilizer, GoPro 7 black, and the latest update grounded the drone. I’ve tried everything I’ve seen on the internet and nothing. So glad I spent thousands on multiple drones and everything else. Ridiculous to say the least.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bozmanx