Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

No Devices Will Update from Version 1.5

Jenningsjs

Reaction score
Please help. I just bought a new in box GoPro Karma with a Hero 5 camera. I assembled everything and then attempted to update immediately.

I updated the camera using the Quik app on my phone and that successfully updated to version 2.5. I then connected the camera back to the drone correctly.

When I attempt to update from the homepage it shows the controller being at version 1.5 and says it is up to date. All other hardware except the camera is also at 1.5.

I can’t get past the Home Screen because it shows calibration required and every attempt at vertical or horizontal calibration fails. I have tried numerous locations when attempting to calibrate.

I know there has to be some path forward to get this in the air. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If it is new then probably you should return it and get your money back. Quickly. Did you update al the components? I wouldn't have used the phone for updates, just a pc. Good luck.

Reactions: Jenningsjs
If it is new then probably you should return it and get your money back. Quickly. Did you update al the components? I wouldn't have used the phone for updates, just a pc. Good luck.
It’s non-returnable unfortunately. Only the camera is updated. I don’t have a pc with Windows. I’ll have to see if I can borrow someone’s. I found a video on flashing the latest version to the controller from a pc so hopefully that will get me going.

It’s non-returnable unfortunately. Only the camera is updated. I don’t have a pc with Windows. I’ll have to see if I can borrow someone’s. I found a video on flashing the latest version to the controller from a pc so hopefully that will get me going.
Ok. Pity about the return. If you do update the parts via PC make sure you are patient. They can take time to download and install. Especially the last one. I think that many of the people whose drones are kaput now may have hurried through an update and therefore corrupted the drones file system. Good luck.

This would be the video you are referring too.

Yeh , read it twice before attempting it and make sure you take the backup for roll back purposes.

Some people have tried this to resolve what is referred to as the pair issue which this does not fix. It is designed to enable you to upgrade the firmware.

Back in Jan 2020 all Karma's were grounded because the karma didnt have the GPS data beyond this point (Its complicated) which was about version 1.5.

Some people were not able to connect to the auto update service so this process was created. The auto update infrastructure no longer exists hence it tells you that your up to date.

The error you are seeing is a bit misleading, calibration is failing because you dont have the correct gps data.

Once you update the controller with this method you will then be able to update the drone from the controller as it will have the newer firmware on it.

What country are you in ?

Yes! This is it. I am in the United States. I remember going through the GPS issue and waiting forever for a fix. I don’t know why I would even buy another Karma after that but I did. I just went out and bought a Windows pc to try this. I only run Linux normally. It will probably be tomorrow before I can attempt. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raith11458