Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

NO GPS

Are you finished posting this notice yet? Have you ever flown any quad without GPS? People besides me preaching that. The Karma is a whole different beast without GPS! You shove a stick like you would under GPS and reaction and speed much different.

Jake G. The correct procedure if you loose GPS IS NOT TO USE RETURN HOME!!!!!! Without GPS the aircraft no longer know where it is and has no way to control flight to home. You have to manually fly it. I have found that not calibrating compass every flight makes no difference. However, Compass calibration issues indicate not only compass interference but probable GPS interference. The compass points the aircraft, while critical, it integrates with GPS data, but is separate from GPS.

The whole Karma control and video system, like all other unlicensed systems, is based on 2.4 GHz frequency. There are a slew of other devices working the same frequency band including WiFi routers and repeaters, most all radio controlled airplanes, helicopters, cars, trucks etc. The closer you fly something like Karma to these sources the more likely you will have problems. My other aircraft use 900 MHz for control, and either 1.3 GHz or 5.8 GHz for video, all of which require a ham license that I have. The farther away one stays from potential interference the less likely one is to have a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billybob and gm82au
Awesome Christmas. I purchased this for my husband and used our Hero 5 that we had purchased back in May for a trip to Mexico. Overall, I'm into this $1300. On the third flight, the display shows a message that it has lost the GPS connection and the Karma takes off at a rapid speed out of sight never to be seen again. Needless to say, I'm am not happy and feel totally ripped off. Had I known these issues I would have purchased a different device. Does anyone know if there is anything that GoPro will do? It seems to me that this is something that needs to be rectified through a Consumer Protection lawsuit. Why would any retailer sell a device with known issues such as this? Do I need to address this with Best Buy? Thoughts?
I'm sad to hear about your loss...drone loss that is! That loss is one I can total relate to. First off, what software/firmware version were you running? There were known issues with version 1.5. That's why GoPro went to 2.0 to correct known problems along with some enhancements. There is not much BestBuy can do. I'm sure you already figured that out. Now the real work begins...dealing with GoPro customer service. It took me three months to get my Karma and camera replaced. I did not have GoPro's care coverage. That might have made it a tad bit easier, but I've heard others that did have GoPro care and it really didn't help much. In fact those that did had to pay the deductible. My advice is to call GoPro customer service and start the process. Don't let them get away with anything. Stay persistent... it will require you spend a number of calls, emails and TIME to get it returned. Good luck and keep us posted.

Reactions: Billybob
Someone has any news about the GPS problem of the Karma (¿?) Im writting frome Uruguay. My Karma is having the same problemas.
It not recognize the GPS, as soon as I touch the button of lunch. Im sorry for my primitive english.

Soy uruguayo viviendo en US. Hoy quise volar el karma y no pude despegar ni una vez, el mismo lio. Avisa si tenes algun consejo. Slds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi everyone i really hope you can help me :( so evertying started yesterday when i louch my gopro karma and go at least 600 ft an after than on my controler screen freezed it seems something was wrong i cant see my drone so after that i go to my second floor to my house and look front of me where karma stoped working and after that on my controler screen there was something like gps signal lost karma is trying to find landing space and it gives me 3 min or something to cconnect so i run very fast but when i go to destination point karma dont even was there i check every tree with my family 5-6 people but i cant find it so guys pls say how can i fing it or is thereare any chanse to find witvch gps or serial number or i dont even konow hope you guys know plz help broos <3 <3 <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS