Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

HELP! Karma won’t boot up.

awbanks15

Reaction score
My Karma had a “GPS signal lost” fly off maybe 6 months ago For the 3rd time. Except this time it did a barrel roll and smacked the pavement breaking one of the motors completely out of its housing. In frustration I put the Karma in the bag, not to be touched again until yesterday. I ordered a new wing and did the simple installation. Installed my camera, powered up drone and everything appeared to be working fine. The new arm had its status light illuminated and camera was centered and connected to controller. I then went attempted to put my Karma in expert mode (no gps) it did it’s 3-2-1 count down then boom, sudden blackout. The camera turned off, status lights turned off. (Battery is fully charged) Now when I try to boot up my Karma I get a faint clicking sound and simultaneously the rear props status light will flicker for a split second but nothing more. The power indicator on top of the unit flashes red, and that’s it. I’ve only flown my Karma 4 times, at this point it’s a pretty expensive paper weight... any help, advice, or thoughts in general are greatly appreciated!!

Do you have a second battery or know someone with one you could borrow. At least then you could rule out a failed/failing battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ironspear
Unfortunately I don’t. I was thinking about purchasing one, but I’d hate to do so and that not work as well. I suppose I could return it if it doesn’t work.

I bought a new battery, I’m still having pretty much the same symptoms. There is a clicking sound coming from within the Karma durning power up and the rear prop lights flicker, when I turn on my controller it tells me the stabilizer cannot be found.

I bought a new battery, I’m still having pretty much the same symptoms. There is a clicking sound coming from within the Karma durning power up and the rear prop lights flicker, when I turn on my controller it tells me the stabilizer cannot be found.

That’s horrible man. So sorry. The only other thing i would do is to open it up and look for anything out of place (broken cables, half unplugged cables, cracked solder and so on)

Wish you the best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help. I opened it up and everything seemed to be in place as it should be. I’m debating on fighting with GoPro in attempts to get a new drone or just find someone selling a core somewhere. Either way I hope to be back in the air soon. Thanks again.

Reactions: Steveatron
I have the same problem. Do you have a new solution, please?

Thanks for all the help. I opened it up and everything seemed to be in place as it should be. I’m debating on fighting with GoPro in attempts to get a new drone or just find someone selling a core somewhere. Either way I hope to be back in the air soon. Thanks again.

Why is your drone flying off multiple times? Contrary to popular belief, that does not sound like normal behavior. Have you asked Gopro to review your flight logs? Sometimes they can detect mechanical defects that might be causing your drone to fail. If you are out of warranty...this could be an issue, but it never hurts to ask nicely, even if they are unwilling to fix it for free...perhaps they can diagnose the issue?

Does the Stabilizer work on the Karma Grip? If not...could be a stabilizer issue. If so... Maybe the "motor" was the only visible damage, You might have had mechanical issues to begin with, or the latest accident might have caused significant internal damage that you are not aware of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS