Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma refusing to pair - Reverse engineering investigation

Hi, i need help, Can someone give me the value of capacitor C1?, thank you so much.

Attachments

• sd card board.jpg
    sd card board.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 15
Is anyone able to provide a MD5 hash for Karma_boot_SD.img ?

I keep getting no data in the serial terminal when TP1 is bridged to TP2, the failed to boot log appears when TP1 is not bridged

I have verified many times continuity from microSD slot to J14.

Last edited:
Also could someone with a known working micoSD board please check pin 11 shown below for continuity to ground (microSD slot shield) when a microSD card is inserted and when removed

1700117692104.png

Cheers

¿Alguien puede proporcionar un hash MD5 para Karma_boot_SD.img?

Sigo sin recibir datos en el terminal serie cuando TP1 está conectado en puente a TP2, el registro de error al iniciar aparece cuando TP1 no está conectado en puente

He verificado muchas veces la continuidad desde la ranura microSD hasta J14.
try with other sd cards, i have problems to read 32gb kingston canvas and 16gb kingston, finally can read with sandisk 8gb

Reactions: mefisto82
Also could someone with a known working micoSD board please check pin 11 shown below for continuity to ground (microSD slot shield) when a microSD card is inserted and when removed

View attachment 764

Cheers
i thing with my experience testing pin to pin, only pin 12 have ground continuity, but hope anyone can answer

Is anyone able to provide a MD5 hash for Karma_boot_SD.img ?

I keep getting no data in the serial terminal when TP1 is bridged to TP2, the failed to boot log appears when TP1 is not bridged

I have verified many times continuity from microSD slot to J14.
From what I have seen if you get no data in the serial terminal when attempting to boot from SD its an issue with the SD boot setup. You would think that it would just say failed SD boot. So it the voltage is not applied correctly or if there is an issue with the SD card (or the image). Did you add the SD slot or was it already there ? I use a 4gb card.

View attachment 764

Prost
Habe es leider nicht zum Laufen bekommen – aber vielleicht hilft es dir für deine PIN Belegung

GND kann auch PIN 2 sein ???

Attachments

• test_.jpg
    test_.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
I just went back over my notes, the FB36 bridge needs to be zero resistance (hence originally being a ferite bead) , only power to the TP1 needs to have the 1k resistor on it.
not sure why it works for some and not others.

Pairing OK Camera OK GPS OK but won't take off. I replaced the motor arm with a normal one, but it didn't work.
I recently had this error on a drone. If it was the arms, it would be specifically saying to extend the arm. Connect to the UART near the STM processor. It will show you what is causing the failure to arm. I assume the light on the drone is flashing green and not solid green? For mine it was a broken barometer sensor.

From what I have seen if you get no data in the serial terminal when attempting to boot from SD its an issue with the SD boot setup. You would think that it would just say failed SD boot. So it the voltage is not applied correctly or if there is an issue with the SD card (or the image). Did you add the SD slot or was it already there ? I use a 4gb card.
I had to add the SD slot

very nice, does this setup work and boot from the microSD, I also tried soldering wired to a microSD slot and it did not work (Bozmanx made a video on this as well)

have tried many microSD cards various sizes and brands, all with the same issue

very nice, does this setup work and boot from the microSD, I also tried soldering wired to a microSD slot and it did not work (Bozmanx made a video on this as well)

have tried many microSD cards various sizes and brands, all with the same issue
Try moving the resistor so that it is only used on the wire for TP1.

We have found that some units dont like the resistor connected between power and the SD slot, the voltage drop appears to be to great and the SD card doesnt boot.

I tried your recommendation above bozmanx and no go

could you please check the md5 of the img file with the attached program md5checker to verify the image

I suspect my microSD slot is the issue, I have changed it once and have verified continuity back to the J14 connector for each pin

FB36 appears to bridge VDD and CLK on the SD Card (pins 4 and 5), probing the microSD slot with a scope I can see ping 3 (CMD) showing data and all the other pins are high except ping 6 GND. Would have thought the CLK was required to read the SD and not be held high, regardless its working for you others.

some additional J14 pins I found to add to Heiko Klein's findings

1 = switch (landing gear)
2 = switch (landing gear)
7 = GND
11 = card detect ?
13 = GND

Attachments

• Md5Checker.zip
    132.8 KB · Views: 0
Finally, I got microSD to boot. but I am stuck on this screen. Doesn't do anything..... Please help!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-03 145431.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-03 145431.jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 7
Finally, I got microSD to boot. but I am stuck on this screen. Doesn't do anything..... Please help!
If you hit enter it should show you a login screen. If that doesnt work come over to the discord server, I think there was someone there who had an issue with putty not responding to keyboard input. I think they just changed to a different terminal emulation software.

If you hit enter it should show you a login screen. If that doesnt work come over to the discord server, I think there was someone there who had an issue with putty not responding to keyboard input. I think they just changed to a different terminal emulation software.
how to get to the discord server? is there a link?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raith11458