Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Sun Rise or not?

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Dear Captains,
I have done all my homework and thoroughly enjoying my Karma and the quality of the video. I do the checklist and use what I thought were great apps.
I had my eyes open to the 'kpi index', except which one is correct? I have 3 apps; 2 say "yeah go fly and enjoy" with a kpi1 and the other (which I thought would be the most accurate) said "May-Day May-Day May-Day! we are in a flat spin. Eject! Eject! Eject! Goose... Mind the canopy!", with a kpi4. Which do I believe and what app should I use? Unless I should just watch the sun through binoculars and check for myself? (I might only have one shot at that one...)
7acefefeeeb95ed64b9baa3adce12301.png
ef2d74b4dd3c5146d9946f46fb0fb7b9.png
39fb9b1f32815582b3a2ed2adaaf5c61.png

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old & bold pilots.
Hummingbird Media Productions

Depending on your location I wouldn’t trust those apps for the wind. But as you probably have seen on their website, the karma can resist 35km/h winds ( I saw a video in YouTube 37km/h). It doesn’t need to be sunny and beautiful to get the best out of your karma, fly it whenever you want :)
PD: Not when it’s raining

Reactions: Hummingbird
@Moinox
So you dont think we need to worry too much about the Kp score for the day??

Depending on your location I wouldn’t trust those apps for the wind. But as you probably have seen on their website, the karma can resist 35km/h winds ( I saw a video in YouTube 37km/h). It doesn’t need to be sunny and beautiful to get the best out of your karma, fly it whenever you want [emoji4]
PD: Not when it’s raining

I had some pretty high gusts today and I was impressed at how stable she was. No more than a metre flutter at it's peak.

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old & bold pilots.

Last edited:
@Moinox

I think for future reference, if my retinas burn when checking the sun manually, I shouldn't fly... or drive...
Seriously though, do I ignore it?

@Moinox

P.S: Is your avatar Windsor Davies from 'It ain't half hot mum'? You either look like him or are he/him? Taken me weeks to remember who it looked like!

P.S: Is your avatar Windsor Davies from 'It ain't half hot mum'? You either look like him or are he/him? Taken me weeks to remember who it looked like!

Yes it is and no I am not lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS