Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma refusing to pair - Reverse engineering investigation

thanks for all your work. my drone rarely powers up gimball when power on and works good (i did reflash upgrading and downgrading controller firmware). it can be turned off by button to if gimball works. if i try to restart drone again, it will turns lighs but gimball has no power and power button dont work. for turning off, i need to remove battery. with all your help, will be possible to fly drones again.

"Overview

Several DJI products use DM3xx family DaVinci media processors from Texas Instruments. Since the NAND memory chips which DJI uses to store their firmware can often stop working or lose data after several months without powering on, there is sometimes a need to re-flash part of the firmware, or even replace the chip and re-flash all partitions of the firmware. This page will explain the procedure."

Reactions: mefisto82
First and foremost, I wanted to express my gratitude for your latest video instructions. I've been eagerly anticipating this and am truly excited to give it a try.
While I'm relatively new to this endeavor, I consider myself adept at following video tutorials. Thanks to dedicated professionals like yourself, I've managed to keep all my other Karma parts up-to-date.

I'm operating on a PC. Could you direct me to any video tutorials for effectively utilizing "GTKTerm"? or any terminal emulator would work?
You can use almost any terminal emulator, such as PuTTY.

Reactions: dokgotak

thanks for all your work. my drone rarely powers up gimball when power on and works good (i did reflash upgrading and downgrading controller firmware). it can be turned off by button to if gimball works. if i try to restart drone again, it will turns lighs but gimball has no power and power button dont work. for turning off, i need to remove battery. with all your help, will be possible to fly drones again.

"Overview

Several DJI products use DM3xx family DaVinci media processors from Texas Instruments. Since the NAND memory chips which DJI uses to store their firmware can often stop working or lose data after several months without powering on, there is sometimes a need to re-flash part of the firmware, or even replace the chip and re-flash all partitions of the firmware. This page will explain the procedure."
It would be nice to see the terminal output in those moments when the gimbal is not working correctly, maybe I can help you. But the problem may also be a worn-out NAND.

Ignore this, it's just a misidentification of NAND.

I change the NAND, but to one identical to the original
Hi, thank you very much for the video! Where to buy identical nand. I guess from the Chinese. Can you give the name of the chip or a link, please :)

Reactions: mefisto82
I also want to ask. What after these actions. Will the correct bootloader be registered on the replaced NAND? Will I need to use the contactor all the time? For now I have more questions, I would like information from you
The bootloader will be writed, but the firmware consists of 12 blocks (the bootloader is only one of them), some of them are unique and it is desirable that they be preserved.

When replacing NAND, I used a full dump taken and recorded on the XGeku T56 programmer
Having previously changed the serial numbers to your own.

I also want to ask. What after these actions. Will the correct bootloader be registered on the replaced NAND? Will I need to use the contactor all the time? For now I have more questions, I would like information from you
It is theoretically possible to write all blocks from the boot card, but I have not tried this option.

First and foremost, I wanted to express my gratitude for your latest video instructions. I've been eagerly anticipating this and am truly excited to give it a try.
While I'm relatively new to this endeavor, I consider myself adept at following video tutorials. Thanks to dedicated professionals like yourself, I've managed to keep all my other Karma parts up-to-date.

I'm operating on a PC. Could you direct me to any video tutorials for effectively utilizing "GTKTerm"? or any terminal emulator would work?
you don´t need linux, you can do it on pc use putty and 115200 baud rate do same as Serega.04 made in his video.

最小限の分解で修理

SD カード イメージ ( Win32DiskImager )

insmod /opt/sentinel/modules/mtd_write_enable.ko dd-new if=/dev/mtdblock0 of=/home/backup/mtdblock0.bin conv=sync,noerror status=progress flash_eraseall /dev/mtd0 nandwrite -p /dev/mtd0 /home/orig/mtdblock0.bin

microSDカードコネクタ

View attachment 695View attachment 696View attachment 697View attachment 698View attachment 699View attachment 700
素晴らしい動画に感動して試してみたところ、Boot Mode=SD/MMCで止まってしまいました。何かを見落としていましたか?

素晴らしい動画に感動して試してみたところ、Boot Mode=SD/MMCで止まってしまいました。何かを見落としていましたか?
Today I’ll double-check the uploaded image to make sure it’s not damaged.

What capacity SD card are you using?

I used 4GB and 8GB, theoretically you can use from 1GB to 32GB (I'll check 32GB today)

Today I’ll double-check the uploaded image to make sure it’s not damaged.

What capacity SD card are you using?

I used 4GB and 8GB, theoretically you can use from 1GB to 32GB (I'll check 32GB today)
I was used SD 64GB without success. I will try 16GB today.

MT29F2G08ABAEAH4-IT:E
As for the purchase, it all depends on where you are.
I can assume that in Russia?
Hi! Yes, you guessed it, from Russia. And judging by your nickname, I conclude that you do too) Although, on a forum where you can’t log in without a VPN, I don’t know how correct it is to advertise this)))

The bootloader will be writed, but the firmware consists of 12 blocks (the bootloader is only one of them), some of them are unique and it is desirable that they be preserved.

When replacing NAND, I used a full dump taken and recorded on the XGeku T56 programmer
Having previously changed the serial numbers to your own.
However, there are now even more questions than answers. The nand chip costs $10, and the programmer costs $170. Next, there is a connector for the board and a USB hub for putti ($10). Among other things, you need to solder with a hairdryer... In the case of private repairs, the feasibility in the case of private repairs tends to zero with less than 100% probability))) Is it possible to do the transfer to a new chip without a programmer?

Reactions: Ninja27

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maracastells