Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

When to disconnect the karma battery and camera from the drone.

dronelover

Reaction score
Iv always been wondering when to disconnect the karma battery and the camera from the gimbal when connected from the drone when not using for long periods of time.
This to stop voltage and current leakage to the drone/gimbal/camera system when not in use.

This could be the reason why so many gimbal/camera/karma core issues suddenly stop working.

Im thinking.
if im not flying for 5 days, ill disconnect tthe core battery. And 2 more days after that i should take the camera off from the harness.

Any siggestions anyone?

Last edited:
Batteries should be stored in a lipo bag or box, so with that in mind, I always remove the battery after use. You will need to recharge the battery before using it again anyway, so you might as well remove it. The same goes for the camera, it has a battery that I rarely like to leave in when not in use, but in this case, not because it's a lipo, but because they have a tendency to swell slightly and get stuck. This is more of a problem for the 7 than the 5 because it seems to be more tightly packed.

I always take the battery out of the core when not using it.
I have a hero5 and the battery stays in it all the time. Your comment Moku made me take it out and see if it had puffed though lmao.

Have fun

I always take the battery out of the core when not using it.
I have a hero5 and the battery stays in it all the time. Your comment Moku made me take it out and see if it had puffed though lmao.

Have fun

And all the years youve left the battery inside the camera and always connected to the gimbal/drone, never gave error or any connection problems with gimbal not initializing with the core?

Reactions: XerxesZ
Im paranoid about the gimbal/core that eventually stops working.

And all the years youve left the battery inside the camera and always connected to the gimbal/drone, never gave error or any connection problems with gimbal not initializing with the core?
No, not once.

They always seem to connect seamlessly (pardon the pun)....
Only really ever had "compass error" where I have had to recal the compass in a different spot.
The Karma is quite susceptible to re-bar interference. So when in urban areas you can get a lot of these errors.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy