Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Tutorial for how to replace the battery in my karma drone remote control

johndmalone

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve tried numerous searches to find a video tutorial on how to replace the battery in my karma drone remote control. The drone remote control would not hold a charge and was acting weird and so I ordered a replacement battery for it but I can’t figure out how to install it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Hi all, I’ve tried numerous searches to find a video tutorial on how to replace the battery in my karma drone remote control. The drone remote control would not hold a charge and was acting weird and so I ordered a replacement battery for it but I can’t figure out how to install it.
Did the new battery didn't come with installation instructions?

I did not actually replace a battery, but I did figure out how to “open” a Karma controller. The plastic panel on the bottom of the controller is just snapped-in. I used some tools I have from replacing screens and batteries in iPhones and was able to remove the plastic panel.

After, removing the bottom panel, removing the Torx screws would be the next step towards disassembly of the controller to get to the battery. I hope this helps.

If I remember correctly there are 6 (maybe 7) places where the panel snaps/locks in. The one in the center (circled in yellow) might only be for alignment. The snaps/locks are pretty tight, I thought they were going to break, but, I got lucky and none broke.

1682083203199.jpeg

1682082519376.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS