Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Landing pads

Ironspear

Reaction score
Hi there.

I saw an interesting video where a guy had set up a gopro pole with a velcro pad on it and had put velcro on the bottom of his karma. he used it to "hand catch" (sort of) the karma when on his boat.

Anyone got any landing pad modifications that they use?

(I actually landed the karma back on the backpack on my last outing was quite easy)

I bought a landing pad. Costed less than $20 it should be staked down or it may fly up and bust a prop.

I’ve seen people use the floor mat from their car, but I prefer the landing pad because it is compact, and lighter, and can fit in a backpack when hiking to locations.

I was landing mine on the tailgate of my pickup. I fly it in and hover about a foot or two above the tailgate then hit the land button and let it settle on the truck. Bone dry ground and sand stone rocks everywhere so I didn't wanna kick dust up or catch a rock with the props. Love the idea of the floor mats, gonna definitely keep that one in mind!

Reactions: Shon
Sorry if you get both clips. In it you can see the foldable landing pad pegged to the lawn and the pilot seated in his chair! Well you don't expect a pilot to fly standing up! Do you?Landing Pad & Pilot - 4912 -.jpg

Just a question, I saw in some YouTube videos a Go Pro Karma landing pad Logo , anyone know where to get one of those?, I’ll be appreciated

Hiya. I cant find anything for sale. Just the pictures. It looks like rubber floor tiles. Probably promotional material. Good luck hunting for it!

I use a landing pad like the one in the video above. I don't stake it. I use weighted objects instead because I can't put holes in the ground sometimes. Sometimes I physically can't hammer the stakes in. Sometimes it's not my property.

I bought my 30" Heli-Pad from PGYTECH through Amazon for under $40.00 prime. It is foldable, waterproof and can be used both sides, one side blue and one side orange. Ideal way to take care of the drone motors.

Attachments

• HELIPAD.jpg
    HELIPAD.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 2
I bought my 30" Heli-Pad from PGYTECH through Amazon for under $40.00 prime. It is foldable, waterproof and can be used both sides, one side blue and one side orange. Ideal way to take care of the drone motors.
Thanks for the tip

If you forget your landing pad, a floor mat from your car can do the trick in a pinch.

A welcome mat from the dollar store works great, and if you get the right one, you won’t even have to worry about weighing or staking it down.

Hi there.

I saw an interesting video where a guy had set up a gopro pole with a velcro pad on it and had put velcro on the bottom of his karma. he used it to "hand catch" (sort of) the karma when on his boat.

Anyone got any landing pad modifications that they use?

(I actually landed the karma back on the backpack on my last outing was quite easy)
I have seen that you tube too, but forgot where to see it again, I normally land on the grass which the grass act as the landing cushion and also safe with the propeller even in tip-over, I have also a landing pad (similar to the one as the James attachments) for the spots except the grass, the foldable landing pad can be pin down to the ground and also 3 blinking led lighting attached for low light.

Reactions: Ironspear
I have seen that you tube too, but forgot where to see it again, I normally land on the grass which the grass act as the landing cushion and also safe with the propeller even in tip-over, I have also a landing pad (similar to the one as the James attachments) for the spots except the grass, the foldable landing pad can be pin down to the ground and also 3 blinking led lighting attached for low light.
Can you show us a picture of the led lighting setup?

Very nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS