Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma refusing to pair - Reverse engineering investigation

I assume that there is a standard pinout,
Maybe I'll connect later and check
image-71-png.739
I took the DM368 off a bord but Im yet to find the other bot pin required to boot from the UART. The pin you found is one of them, I might probe inside the can again to see if I can find the other one.

I took the DM368 off a bord but Im yet to find the other bot pin required to boot from the UART. The pin you found is one of them, I might probe inside the can again to see if I can find the other one.
If I remember correctly, then the second pin for starting to download via UART is connected to ground, and this only means one thing, that it is connected to the nearest ground on the board, most likely gnd it is located directly under the DM368

This can only be known for sure by removing all components from the board and sanding off its layers, as is done during reverse engineering of PCB boards.

Is this justified?
Or is this already a sporting interest?

If I remember correctly, then the second pin for starting to download via UART is connected to ground, and this only means one thing, that it is connected to the nearest ground on the board, most likely gnd it is located directly under the DM368

This can only be known for sure by removing all components from the board and sanding off its layers, as is done during reverse engineering of PCB boards.

Is this justified?
Or is this already a sporting interest?
This is exactly why I went the route of loading from SD card.

This is exactly why I went the route of loading from SD card.
Yeh , I get it, if there is only one pin exposed and that is for SD card boot then that is the method that needs to be used. If we were able to find the second pin for UART boot then some of the complexities around the SD boot would be removed from the process (soldering on small pads, needing a micro SD slot). These two things make the process hard for some people.

Hatte vor einem Jahr bei einer Drohne meinen SD-Kartenleser auf die stelle wie auf dem Foto aufgelötet. Leider habe ich diese Drohne nicht mehr. Nur zur Info für weitere ansetze.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
Das ist ein Log einer Boot Sektor Reparatur (DM368 DEBUG) mit Neustart und anschließenden Update der Firmware über den Gopro Server.

Am Ende ist noch ein Log über STMDBG UART XI2C.

Attachments

• DM36x initialization passed!.txt
    56.9 KB · Views: 14
Das ist ein Log einer Boot Sektor Reparatur (DM368 DEBUG) mit Neustart und anschließenden Update der Firmware über den Gopro Server.

Am Ende ist noch ein Log über STMDBG UART XI2C.
I assume that the firmware as already on the controller as I dont think the backend GoPro server has been operational for a while.

Reactions: mefisto82
I assume that the firmware as already on the controller as I dont think the backend GoPro server has been operational for a while.
I don't know if GoPro servers are working. But in the controller, the firmware is stored
Controller.JPG

You can also get these firmwares by going to your account on the GoPro website

At the moment, I’m temporarily stopping my experiments and starting work on the remote control, I want to understand how I can load my maps, if someone can help me and download a dump from their remote control with loaded maps, I will be grateful.
Have a look at my controller image here

It should have maps for Canberra Australia in it. If not let me know and I will see what else I have.

Haben Sie das Einklemmen der Micro-SD-Karte an die Platine zum Laufen gebracht? Ich habe es versucht und es konnte nicht gestartet werden. Ich nehme an, die Stifte ragen gerade genug hervor, um Kontakt herzustellen?

Attachments

• IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    890.8 KB · Views: 21
Haben Sie das Einklemmen der Micro-SD-Karte an die Platine zum Laufen gebracht? Ich habe es versucht und es konnte nicht gestartet werden. Ich nehme an, die Stifte ragen gerade genug hervor, um Kontakt herzustellen?

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: Ninja27
Have a look at my controller image here

It should have maps for Canberra Australia in it. If not let me know and I will see what else I have.
Thanks, but this is a dump of the "system" partition.
I assume that the maps are saved in the "data" or "gopro"(less likely) partition

Dump commands:
"data"
update mread store data normal 0x51bf0000 data.img
"gopro"
update mread store gopro normal 0x20000000 gopro.img

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaytt330