Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Range Extender for Go Pro Karma!

Burgerz96

Reaction score
I have this it works very well!
How much extra distance and height can you get with the RangePro
At the moment my karma will only fly up to 100m before the connection starts to get week and distance wise isn’t great either... they are advertised to be able to reach 3km high and 3km far... does the RangePro make that possible?

Billybob

Reaction score
How much extra distance and height can you get with the RangePro
At the moment my karma will only fly up to 100m before the connection starts to get week and distance wise isn’t great either... they are advertised to be able to reach 3km high and 3km far... does the RangePro make that possible?

Sorry haven’t really measured it, but I would say it at least doubles the signal
Range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Karmaxtrix

Reaction score
Website
www.looneyvisual.com
I've got one it works great for range extension got my Karma about 11,000 feet away with it no problem on a semi clear savannah like terrain with few trees. However it does not help any with penetration through dense areas and seems to have decreased altitude capabilities slightly. It is also not easy to switch back to stock antennas if you wanted to. So I picked up an additional Karma controller for 75 bucks on eBay and I switch back and forth depending on what the situation calls for.

Reactions: kennyranking

James Hatch

Reaction score
I keep on saying, "Don't push the envelope." Karma is a heavy drone and takes quiet a bit of power to keep it aloft. So plan your flying time, and if you have to change your position and battery to get what you want, so that in the edit you get what you plan.
From what I have seen in a lot of clips, is that the operator is flying it willy-nilly all over the place with no flight plan.

wintertree

Reaction score
I've got one it works great for range extension got my Karma about 11,000 feet away with it no problem on a semi clear savannah like terrain with few trees. However it does not help any with penetration through dense areas and seems to have decreased altitude capabilities slightly. It is also not easy to switch back to stock antennas if you wanted to. So I picked up an additional Karma controller for 75 bucks on eBay and I switch back and forth depending on what the situation calls for.
Good idea....I am also going to find an extra controller to leave stock....Good stuff !

SevereLimits

Reaction score
I keep on saying, "Don't push the envelope." Karma is a heavy drone and takes quiet a bit of power to keep it aloft. So plan your flying time, and if you have to change your position and battery to get what you want, so that in the edit you get what you plan.
From what I have seen in a lot of clips, is that the operator is flying it willy-nilly all over the place with no flight plan.
I could not agree more. I now have 5 batteries and do not hesitate to swap out when I even think the time is getting short.

James Hatch

Reaction score
All the antenna is doing is to extend the signal strength of your controller not the flying time of the drone. If you push the flying time envelope you are looking for trouble.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benjamin 4130