Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Range Extender for Go Pro Karma!

I have this it works very well!
How much extra distance and height can you get with the RangePro
At the moment my karma will only fly up to 100m before the connection starts to get week and distance wise isn’t great either... they are advertised to be able to reach 3km high and 3km far... does the RangePro make that possible?

How much extra distance and height can you get with the RangePro
At the moment my karma will only fly up to 100m before the connection starts to get week and distance wise isn’t great either... they are advertised to be able to reach 3km high and 3km far... does the RangePro make that possible?

Sorry haven’t really measured it, but I would say it at least doubles the signal
Range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've got one it works great for range extension got my Karma about 11,000 feet away with it no problem on a semi clear savannah like terrain with few trees. However it does not help any with penetration through dense areas and seems to have decreased altitude capabilities slightly. It is also not easy to switch back to stock antennas if you wanted to. So I picked up an additional Karma controller for 75 bucks on eBay and I switch back and forth depending on what the situation calls for.

Reactions: kennyranking
I keep on saying, "Don't push the envelope." Karma is a heavy drone and takes quiet a bit of power to keep it aloft. So plan your flying time, and if you have to change your position and battery to get what you want, so that in the edit you get what you plan.
From what I have seen in a lot of clips, is that the operator is flying it willy-nilly all over the place with no flight plan.

I've got one it works great for range extension got my Karma about 11,000 feet away with it no problem on a semi clear savannah like terrain with few trees. However it does not help any with penetration through dense areas and seems to have decreased altitude capabilities slightly. It is also not easy to switch back to stock antennas if you wanted to. So I picked up an additional Karma controller for 75 bucks on eBay and I switch back and forth depending on what the situation calls for.
Good idea....I am also going to find an extra controller to leave stock....Good stuff !

I keep on saying, "Don't push the envelope." Karma is a heavy drone and takes quiet a bit of power to keep it aloft. So plan your flying time, and if you have to change your position and battery to get what you want, so that in the edit you get what you plan.
From what I have seen in a lot of clips, is that the operator is flying it willy-nilly all over the place with no flight plan.
I could not agree more. I now have 5 batteries and do not hesitate to swap out when I even think the time is getting short.

All the antenna is doing is to extend the signal strength of your controller not the flying time of the drone. If you push the flying time envelope you are looking for trouble.

I purchased one as well, did not work so well . I live at the beach in Hermosa ..alot of interference . I opted to build a signal booster designed for a solo 1 drone and made some mods ... works fantastic I have no more connection issues and it will out perform may battery . I also noticed I have much more control and it never wants to return unless the Battery is getting low. The Range pro is not powered ,so you are paying for a bunch of wires arranged in the head unit , you can do the same thing for very a lot less on amazon with a larger antenna . You will still have to make the attachment moods however you will notice a difference like you neve thought possible . Mine would want to return after 400 ft from lost connection , now I get thousands feet away and still no signal loss. Works like nothing else .. Very easy to set up!

R

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.32.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.32.32 AM.png
    882.8 KB · Views: 26
I have purchased one set Itelite range pro and have removed it after testing flight, my initial demand is to get better performance against the compass interference (which I have seen the post in the forum that it might perform better when there are radio or wifi interference), but the result looks like it can't help much, besides the bulging size of the controller will be not convenient in operation even worth for the extra flying distance.

I was getting so much interference that wanted to return home after a few hundred feet. With the power upgrade I have no issues anymore. I can control it so much better.

I purchased one as well, did not work so well . I live at the beach in Hermosa ..alot of interference . I opted to build a signal booster designed for a solo 1 drone and made some mods ... works fantastic I have no more connection issues and it will out perform may battery . I also noticed I have much more control and it never wants to return unless the Battery is getting low. The Range pro is not powered ,so you are paying for a bunch of wires arranged in the head unit , you can do the same thing for very a lot less on amazon with a larger antenna . You will still have to make the attachment moods however you will notice a difference like you neve thought possible . Mine would want to return after 400 ft from lost connection , now I get thousands feet away and still no signal loss. Works like nothing else .. Very easy to set up!

R
Hi. can I ask you where you bought everything and what benefits did you get? could you explain to me what to buy and how to assemble it?

go to rexuav.com and look at solo 2 .it’s on the same signal . They are very helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS