Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Master AirScrew Aftermarket Blades

I was just thinking the sound of the Karma with stock propellers is lower than my Phantom 2. Now these would be sweet to get that even lower. I'll have to order a set.

maybe someone can work on a folding prop...hobbyking has all kinds of hardware that may work if you play.

I have two sets of these (brand new Karma pilot) and I'm a bit confused as to which colors on the black props (2 silver, 2 black) go where? There isn't a diagram included and doesn't appear anything written on the props explaining which color is CW and which is CCW. Does anyone more experienced have any idea how I can tell?

I have two sets of these (brand new Karma pilot) and I'm a bit confused as to which colors on the black props (2 silver, 2 black) go where? There isn't a diagram included and doesn't appear anything written on the props explaining which color is CW and which is CCW. Does anyone more experienced have any idea how I can tell?

Google a pic of the drone and see where the colors for the blades are. It has to do with rotation as they are self tightening. I think its front right/rear left are silver and vice versa for the black tops.

I tried my ones yesterday which actually cost less than GoPro ones including shipping to the UK.
Indeed, slightly longer flight time, less noise on the ground and sound a little different if your camera is recording audio.

Incredibly picturesque!
Ordering mine now...thanks for the good recommendation Brakejockey!

Interestingly, I was recently shopping for props. some of mine are slightly worn on the ends, due to landing in some uneven spots. I was not able to find new Karma OPR props on Amazon.

The Master Air-screw props were available, but some of the reviews concerned me. Particularly references to splitting of the blades and lack of durability. There were other quality control issues like blades that failed to tighten, as well. The blades might be fine, but I just haven't seen a large enough sample of users to justify moving in this direction.

A blade that disintegrates during flight is a catastrophic failure that may ultimately lead in a crash. I can't imagine saving a buck on some props with the hope that I might gain a minute or two of flight time with quieter props, risking the possibility of spending a thousand, replacing my drone if the props fail. I went ahead and order replacement props from Gopro directly. My props aren't really even in that bad of shape, but I figure new props are a good $20 dollar insurance policy.

Again...not knocking the decisions others have made...to each their own...

Friend of mine was in the US and came back today. He got 2 sets of the black master airscrew for me. Can’t wait to test them! Especially because they are balanced. With the stock blades the Karma is shacking all over at the moment you power down the motors after landing. So I don‘t think that they are balanced. Anyone here with the same experience?
So I am curious if it’s better with those master airscrew props.

btw: I ordered a set of original GoPro blades at Amazon Europe and I had to wait almost 6 weeks until I got them delivered. But I see they are back in stock now.

Got mine today from amazon
$63.01
$3.05​
$63.01
(ZAR 968.50)

cant wait to try it out. Ordered from master airscrew in august 13 2018 still not yet delivered or nowhere to be found no refund. Longer still range extender from SkydroneUSA no refund and also nowhere to be found

Got mine today from amazon
$63.01
$3.05​
$63.01
(ZAR 968.50)

cant wait to try it out. Ordered from master airscrew in august 13 2018 still not yet delivered or nowhere to be found no refund. Longer still range extender from SkydroneUSA no refund and also nowhere to be found

Seems very weird to order two things and see nothing of them and get no response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems very weird to order two things and see nothing of them and get no response.

When i track both orders via tracking both shipped and said it must be at customs in south africa and the tracking stopped there. Cant get tracking on both through south african post office service and it just shows pending.

Is strange isn’t it. At least the company did ship them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got my two sets of props today. Can‘t wait to test them.

51B528D5-F895-43B0-9AF1-06C05FB4D2D7.jpeg

Side by side (original - master airscrew):
2BCA7733-EDE6-4BE7-9520-E16CFAFCF79B.jpeg

Last edited:
I‘m already pretty p*ssed off with those blades! :( Seems that someone in factory mixed up the nuts. Three props fit perfectly. One prop has a too small nut by one size!!! Impossible to mount.
I will write an email to master airscrew. The props in the second box are all OK. So I have at least one complete set. I hope that they will replace the wrong propeller.

9A833096-A2CA-457F-B5ED-C7877417E1BA.jpeg

Last edited:
I‘m already pretty p*ssed off with those blades! :( Seems that someone in factory mixed up the nuts. Three props fit perfectly. One prop has a too small nut by one size!!! Impossible to mount.
I will write an email to master airscrew. The props in the second box are all OK. So I have at least one complete set. I hope that they will replace the wrong propeller.

View attachment 329

Bugga! I will have to check my two sets out when I get home from work today.
Pretty bad they sent you the wrong sized one!

I bought three sets because if I have plenty I won’t break any and so far so good! All were ok. Just checked to be sure.

556FF8D5-496B-40E0-BA7E-4C752CF9CBC5.jpeg
87A7BEA5-27D8-49A8-BCBA-81FFFA1A77DA.jpeg

We went out for a test today. We were trying out the master airscrew blade for GoPro Karma, DJI Phantom 4 and DJI Mavic. At the DJI drones we found out that the noise is a little bit lower but all other parameters stayed the same.

Now over to the Karma... It was the worst flight ever with the Karma! Let‘s go into detail...
Noise: Different noise but not really much lower.
Max Speed: No difference to the original props.
Flight time: No difference, too.

But here is the difference: with master airscrew blades attached, the drone‘s flight behavior changes completely. If you fly in a straight line, the Karma hops up and down all the time in a range of about 2 meters. I can no longer hold it‘s altitude.
Second and worst issue: when trying to stop the drone from full speed, the Karma beginns to fly sideways and starts to tumble. Looks like it will loose control about it‘s balance at this moment.

We did four flights today. First airscrew, then original. Repeat. The result was always the same. No issues with the original blades - big problems with the master airscrew blades.

I even think I know the reason. The master airscrew blades have a much larger area which results in more boost. So the Karma needs to lower the rpm to compensate this effect, so the motors are below their optimized parameters. This impacts the Karmas flight abilities very bad.

I will not use this blades for any further flights.

Reactions: Shon
View attachment 331
View attachment 332

We went out for a test today. We were trying out the master airscrew blade for GoPro Karma, DJI Phantom 4 and DJI Mavic. At the DJI drones we found out that the noise is a little bit lower but all other parameters stayed the same.

Now over to the Karma... It was the worst flight ever with the Karma! Let‘s go into detail...
Noise: Different noise but not really much lower.
Max Speed: No difference to the original props.
Flight time: No difference, too.

But here is the difference: with master airscrew blades attached, the drone‘s flight behavior changes completely. If you fly in a straight line, the Karma hops up and down all the time in a range of about 2 meters. I can no longer hold it‘s altitude.
Second and worst issue: when trying to stop the drone from full speed, the Karma beginns to fly sideways and starts to tumble. Looks like it will loose control about it‘s balance at this moment.

We did four flights today. First airscrew, then original. Repeat. The result was always the same. No issues with the original blades - big problems with the master airscrew blades.

I even think I know the reason. The master airscrew blades have a much larger area which results in more boost. So the Karma needs to lower the rpm to compensate this effect, so the motors are below their optimized parameters. This impacts the Karmas flight abilities very bad.

I will not use this blades for any further flights.

I appreciate your review.

Reactions: Phobos
Thank you!
Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that master airscrew blades are bad. No, the quality is very good! The only problem I see is that the Karma is not supposed to fly with aftermarket blades. I remember an issue with the DJI Mavic Pro about one year ago when folks attached the improved blades of the Mavic Platinum to their Mavic Pro. The issues were very similar. After a firmware update to Mavic Pro, problems were gone. So I think maybe the Karma would need a special firmware, too in order to handle the larger blades.

Last edited:
Technically I have to believe that there is a problem with your Karma. Think about it. I know that I am flying with the Master Airscrews with no issues at all as are a lot of other people. If any had issues like you describe we would have heard about it. I have to think the controller in your Karma has an issue.

In another drone I built I changed the battery to a bigger lower C but higher mAH battery for longer range. That changed the CG. First flight done was hobby horsing. I had to adjust the PIDS but drone flies just fine now. I have to think blades should not have that big of an affect on control, I have not seen that with my Karma or on my QAV540G but it undoubtably has some affect that your specific controller is not handling properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raith11458