Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

For the love of flying / Intro

Jtdroneman

Reaction score
Website
www.networkelectrical.org
Well , hi y’all doing ??? My names Jay , straight out of Lizard Lick , born & raised . My family has been in this area forever , I live right in the heart of LL , our family was the crossroads back in the day..... anyway , I’m 46 , I started flying a Cessna 152 back in 1983 , yup 10yrs old ...( poor instructor , back then i really didn’t think about it but of course I was excited to get in the cockpit and get that joker down the runway and off the ground sitting on two phonebooks and a pillow tee hee hee... , With a couple of two by fours attached to the rudder pedals had to slip out of the seat to get to the brakes at the top he earned his money no doubt) but over the years as they past, back then slipping away so slowly seems like it was only a blink of an eye now as days/weeks/years shoot decades slip by like I’m behind the wheel @ Bristol setting track records .....I solo’d @ age 12 with enough hours to nearly get a commercial license , cross country @ 13 , IFR, VFR , night flights , back then it was $15 hr For the instructor and $35 an hour for the 152 a total $50 a hour and I logged 1.1hr every chance I got no less than 3.3hrs a week on average . Then I turned 16 boy oh boy and guess what I realized what wasn’t up in the air that was on the ground and that I had a better chance to obtain with my car than @ 15/1600’ .....?‍♂️?‍♂️Looking back I’d slap myself. Those 3-4 hrs a week turned into 1.1 to 1.1 a month & then 2-4hrs a year to every now & then .... I own an operate electrical company , and about 3yrs ago it got overwhelmingly stressful , I bought my first mini drone after that I was bitten , and I had a serious addiction within a month I had every color of that little mini drone, sure y’all are familiar with it Propel, Then I got a couple sharper image minis , then I started going up in sizes and then my son got a skyviper that had video capabilities in the first flight we took outside with me behind the controls I watched with such a sad face is it just flew off into the sunset never to be seen again?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️???‍♂️?‍♂️ found him another one and I got the sky viper stunt after my collection grew to about 25 and even though I wasn’t physically up in the air it brought that feeling of flying back I graduated to a Mavic air that i currently push to its limits flying it in conditions that are WAY less than favorable to see what it and myself can & cant do. Recently, the little bugger has probably thought I’ve lost my mind flying it in conditions that favor tornados , it & myself have managed to safely bring it home each time , especially since I learned the valuable lesson of the importance of marking location to return to home , longest 5 minutes of blindly flying, listening for the very faint mosquito in the ear sound until I could get it low enough to see it below heavy cloud cover ???yeah check that little box, just saying...anyway , now the road the journey of drones have taken me led me here & hope it expands into learning , becoming a better pilot & meeting great people .......

~
Never quit. Never give up. Fly it to the end ~. Chuck Aaron

Reactions: Dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy