Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Compass not calibrating.

Jimmyriddle

Reaction score
Hi guys....Tried to fly my ‘Karma today,(June/14/2020) and the compass would not calibrate,anybody know if GoPro is having this problem again?...

JCLs

Reaction score
Flew mine yesterday. The last fix was to resolve an issue that once resolved will not come up again. GoPro not changing or doing anything for Karma. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shuzamm

Reaction score
Hi guys....Tried to fly my ‘Karma today,(June/14/2020) and the compass would not calibrate,anybody know if GoPro is having this problem again?...
Make sure the Karma is on 2.50.01 firmware and you should be good.

dronelover

Reaction score
Calibrate the accelerometer first then the compass.

its a known workaround.

Reactions: XerxesZ

james shih

Reaction score
You must have a clear sky for karma to receive GPS signal, then karma will let you do the calibration.
Be patient to find the less wifi interference spots for a successful calibration, always calibrate both the compass and accelerator meter before every take-off (except you just change the battery), then happy flying.

Reactions: XerxesZ

dronelover

Reaction score
No dont calibrate your accelerometer outdoors you need a flat stable surface for it.
Unless you see any jerky movements or out of the blue behavior hovering then you dont need to calibrate the accele. I do calibrate it from time to time but not always.

compass i do all the time before each flight.

james shih

Reaction score
I always follow the software message "calibration is completed", if karma is not on a flat surface, there is the message "put karma in a level surface" and the calibration won't be completed, I am not sure is it any harm to calibrate the accelerator meter before every flight.

JCLs

Reaction score
You must have a clear sky for karma to receive GPS signal, then karma will let you do the calibration.
Be patient to find the less wifi interference spots for a successful calibration, always calibrate both the compass and accelerator meter before every take-off (except you just change the battery), then happy flying.
Compass is not GPS driven and does not need a clear sky.
Compass in Karma is very sensitive to nearby metal including the rebar and wire mesh in concrete. Light poles, power lines and nearby cars etc. can interfere with compass. Normally there is no need to keep calibrating the accelerometer,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

james shih

Reaction score
You can't proceed the "compass calibration" with Karma drone when you are indoor or have no enough GPS signal karma received, if you just launch it then there might be a "compass error" (especially in the autonomous fly) and result a crash.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug