Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

New Karma in 2022

skhwaja-0

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a new (open box) Karma that has yet to have been updated to the latest updates. How would you recommend I proceed? In light of the controller pairing issues, how should I update it in a way that allows me to use the drone properly? I don’t plan on touching it until I hear back, I would hate for the pairing issues to pop up right after I bought it.

Thanks in advance,

My advice?

Update the drone with the controller but disconenct the gimbal and camera.
As in, dont connect the gimbal/ camera to the drone first and update those separately.

Update the camera/gimbal/grip from the PC instead.

You only need the controller and the drone to update.

You are new?

Just make sure to not store the drone with the drone battery and camera because there might be a possibility that it willl stop communicating with the drone.

If you know you will not fly with in a couple days, take off camera and the drone battery from drone.

You are new?

Just make sure to not store the drone with the drone battery and camera because there might be a possibility that it willl stop communicating with the drone.

If you know you will not fly with in a couple days, take off camera and the drone battery from drone.
So i should do the update to 2.5.1 with controller and drone isolated and the grip/gimbal/camera (hero 7 black) off of the drone and separately? This is how to avoid the pairing issue from occurring? Just want to be sure so i don’t turn the drone into a paperweight.

So i should do the update to 2.5.1 with controller and drone isolated and the grip/gimbal/camera (hero 7 black) off of the drone and separately? This is how to avoid the pairing issue from occurring? Just want to be sure so i don’t turn the drone into a paperweight.

We dont know yet if your drone will go to pairing issues.

Thats why i suggested to update the drone/controller first and the camera/gimbal/grip separately in order for the system not getting confused.

We dont know yet if your drone will go to pairing issues.

Thats why i suggested to update the drone/controller first and the camera/gimbal/grip separately in order for the system not getting confused.
Got it, thanks

So? How did it go?

On a side note.

Is it true if one uses sports mode on karma it will have higher reception signal makes one fly farther?

Is it true if one uses sports mode on karma it will have higher reception signal makes one fly farther?
Oooh never heard of that before. Let us know how you go.

Ok, so i was successfully able to update the karma grip and gimbal through quik, however the drone and controller are stuck on v1.5. They are able to pair, however are incompatible with my gopro hero 7 black. When i try to update the controller and drone, there is no option. It just says “up to date”. Gopro support is useless, so i’m kind of stuck. The controller is not giving me the option to manually update the software. Open to any suggestions.

This is how it is.

To update the drone and contoller you need to be able to log in to gopro account via controller.
The only way to do that is to update the controller to latest 2.50.1.

But abd a BIG BUT.

If the drone is paired then dont update for now.

Just leave it be.

Instead, find a way to roll that firmware downwards on the camera to make it visible with drone.

If you dont want to roll that firmware then go buy a cheap hero 5 black to fool around with the firmware.

Because if you try to update that drone and controller. There will be a big chance you may not able to pair it with controller again….

Your choice. You eithe rlet it be and fix camera firmware, or update to latest and risk that drone to never fly again.

No matter what i still had to update the controller to he latest for the gps fix, however the drone keeps saying “update failed” any ideas on how to proceed?

Não importa o que eu ainda tenha que atualizar o controlador para o mais recente para a correção do gps, no entanto, o drone continua dizendo “a atualização falhou” alguma idéia de como proceder?

Tive o mesmo problema que você, consegui atualizar meu controle seguindo os passos do vídeo abaixo.

No entanto, como todos dizem aqui no grupo, se seu karma estiver emparelhado com o controlador, não recomendo atualizar seu Karma, pois ele tem uma grande chance de não emparelhar mais.

Eu só fiz a atualização porque meu Karma não estava mais emparelhado com o controle.

Espero ter ajudado você.

Everything including the controller was able to update to the latest firmware. The drone and remote still pair however the drone is unable to fly because it is not updated to the latest firmware. When i try to update it to the latest firmware, it loads for a couple of minutes then says “update failed”.

Tudo, incluindo o controlador, foi capaz de atualizar para o firmware mais recente. O drone e o controle remoto ainda emparelham, no entanto, o drone não consegue voar porque não é atualizado para o firmware mais recente. Quando tento atualizá-lo para o firmware mais recente, ele carrega por alguns minutos e diz "falha na atualização".
Redefinição de fábrica novamente, conecte-se ao wifi e faça login na sua conta gopro novamente.

You are new?

Saw this post and had a question for dronelover. I missed the March 11th, 2021 update of the firmware for the gps issue after 2020. GoPro as you probably know took the link to the 2.5 something update off there website. How “uncool”! So, I’m looking for a pilot that manually downloaded that file to there PC. Otherwise, I have a cool paper weight w nab lights. Ugh sucks man. Email:[email protected]
Or text me at (870)404-5757.
Prefer the file in email if I’m that lucky! Help!

Saw this post and had a question for dronelover. I missed the March 11th, 2021 update of the firmware for the gps issue after 2020. GoPro as you probably know took the link to the 2.5 something update off there website. How “uncool”! So, I’m looking for a pilot that manually downloaded that file to there PC. Otherwise, I have a cool paper weight w nab lights. Ugh sucks man. Email:[email protected]
Or text me at (870)404-5757.
Prefer the file in email if I’m that lucky! Help!
Hello.

After the update takedown there is no way for you to update im afraid.

There is one more hope though.

Look for that youtube video on how to update the controller.

On that video there is yet another, link to a VIDEO that has all the updates for the controller.

Follow that and you might be able to update that controller.

Problem is might is the word. Because i did that to my second controller and it worked. But on my third controller it didnt work correctly.

The third controler was sluggish to restart and just freezes.

All in all, if nothing works then you just have to part ways. Just get a cheap mavic pro mark 1. Cheap these days.

You are new?

This is exactly what killed mine. Any suggestions why it happens

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy