Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma not pairing

qwerty1234

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have bought a Karma drone more than a month ago, and when I tried to fly it for the first time, the controller would not connect to the drone.
I have tried to contact the GoPro customer service several times, but I get no luck on the phone line, and the online help is just no use (they just tell me to call via the phone...). Quite disappointed with their service there, so hoping to get some help from the community! :)

The issue I am having is that the controller is not connecting to the drone (drone on pairing mode, controller trying to find the drone).
I have tried different things:
- Hard reboot of the controller (Menu > Preferences > Reset)
- Updating the software of the controller (currently saying "up to date", so must be latest version)
- Updating Karma grip and stabilizer (stabilizer currently on version 2.0.0)
- Updating Camera (Hero 6 Black, currently on 02.01.00)

The only thing I cannot update, is the drone itself (as it won't connect to the controller!)
I believe the issue is between the drone itself and the stabilizer: when I turn on the drone, the stabilizer and the camera will stay off (the stabilizer works correctly with the Karma Grip).

Did anyone have the same issue? Do you know how to solve?

Many thanks!

Shon

Reaction score
If Gopro customer service can't help you...I'm not sure who could. It might be a defective drone...and you might need to be polite but persuasive until they help you fix it. You might need to speak with a manager if the front line folks can't help you. There may be some sort of "ticket" they can enter, that would get you in contact with an engineer that can help you trouble shoot.

Gopro customer service isn't known for automatically jumping to "let's replace your drone" as an answer. It might take quite a bit of time working with them to come to a resolution.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luke Nemesis