Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

HELP!! Karma loses connection every time immediately after launch!

GoPilotPro

Reaction score
Hello. I am a new member to the forum here. I own my second Karma drone, since I crashed my first one. The second one worked fine until recently it loses connection with the controller immediately after take off. It will send the launch command, and after that it won't respond at all, so in about 10 seconds it lands again. I tried pairing with a different controller, and get the same response.
HELP!

Reactions: Tony
I had a similar experience this past fall while vacationing in Turks and Caicos.

I calibrated my Karma prior to flight.

just after a normal takeoff the controller reported “lost GPS signal.” My Karma flew away, not responding to the controller.

I lost it in the ocean.

I contacted GoPro, provided my flight log, and was told that they could not figure anything out sharing that they believed it was my fault.

I believe that there is an issue with the latest software update.

Will Probably move to a DJI platform as I do not believe GoPro intends to correct this issue....

I get slammed every time I open my pen but the complaints about fly offs were coming here way before the last update. Nobody can be flying since before last update as GPS could not lock in without it.

GPS is easy to loose but Karma is slow in locking in and quick in dropping. I fly a dual band GPS receiver on quad I built and typically get 18 to 20 satellites. You can see the number swing a lot. Easy to see single band unit have some issues that is Karma. You can fly with no GOS but if you do not have experience it truly will seem like the karma just flew off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ironspear
I get slammed every time I open my pen but the complaints about fly offs were coming here way before the last update. Nobody can be flying since before last update as GPS could not lock in without it.

GPS is easy to loose but Karma is slow in locking in and quick in dropping. I fly a dual band GPS receiver on quad I built and typically get 18 to 20 satellites. You can see the number swing a lot. Easy to see single band unit have some issues that is Karma. You can fly with no GOS but if you do not have experience it truly will seem like the karma just flew off.

Thanks for replying. But it seems the problem is not GPS signal, because even when it loses GPS signal, you still get the camera view on your monitor, and you can still send commands to the drone. My problem is that immediately after the drone leaves the ground, it completely loses connection with the controller, and promptly lands

Different problem. Sounds like it is going into forced auto land which could be a setting related to height or a sensor/internal control signal malfunction.

Last time i was to fly karma, i putit on the ground after compass calibration.

I was very lucky that before i turned the motors on, that i checked the gps and the location og the drone.

Controller said that my drone was 47meters distance from me. But karma drone was just next to me.

Had i proceeded to fly, would that do the fly away?

I just turned the drone of and restarted. Then i had 0 meter distance from drone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy