Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Compass interference

Reaction score
Greetings,

I changed out my landing gear a couple of days ago, took it outside, powered it and the controller up, started the motors, no problem. I then took it out into the yard, where I have flown from before and promptly got a "compass interference, move to new location, or recalibrate compass". I moved back to the original position; no joy. I then tried to recalibrate the compass and after "Step 1 Complete", straight to "Calibration Failed". I have tried in different locations, even in the middle of a soccer field, with no success.

Suggestions?

AdventureG

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi AdventureG, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have figured out the solution. I first calibrated the Accelometer. That failed the first on the first attempt; probably me, but calibrated successfully on the second attempt. After that, the compass calibrated on the first attempt. I have not had any issues since; I have flown it a couple of times in various locations. "Acquiring GPS, KARMA ready to fly". All of this was caused by damaged landing gear, so maybe take a close look at yours.

I am aware of Kp level. I use an app, UAV, and amongst the many indicators it tracks, Kp is one of them. Less than 4.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zifnab