Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Battery Discharge?

kabonski

Reaction score
Just curious to know if the Karma battery will self discharge to a storage state like many other "smart batteries"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed that if my drone sits without use for 3 weeks or so, the batteries will drain to about 2/3 capacity. It only took once for me to now put all batteries on a charge a few days before I fly...

Reactions: kabonski
Yes, Lipo battery will self discharge when you don't use it, when you storage your battery, you'd better keep your battery's voltage at 3.8V, there are some tips about lipo battery storage.
Lipo Battery Storage:
  • Do not directly connect the terminals with metal objects. This will short-circuit Batteries, resulting in heat and electrical discharge.
  • Never store loose Batteries together, the Batteries’ terminals may contact one another causing a short circuit.
  • Never storage Batteries to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight. The battery should be stored within -10℃ ~ 45℃ range environmental condition. If the battery has to be stored for a long time (Over 3 months), the environmental condition should be:
Temperature: 23±5℃

Humidity: 65±20%RH

The voltage for a long time storage should be 3.6V~3.9V range per cell.

• Always disconnect Batteries when not in use and store Batteries in a non-conductive and fireproof container.
  • Never alter, puncture or impact Batteries or related components.

Yes, Lipo battery will self discharge when you don't use it, when you storage your battery, you'd better keep your battery's voltage at 3.8V, there are some tips about lipo battery storage.
Lipo Battery Storage:
  • Do not directly connect the terminals with metal objects. This will short-circuit Batteries, resulting in heat and electrical discharge.
  • Never store loose Batteries together, the Batteries’ terminals may contact one another causing a short circuit.
  • Never storage Batteries to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight. The battery should be stored within -10℃ ~ 45℃ range environmental condition. If the battery has to be stored for a long time (Over 3 months), the environmental condition should be:
Temperature: 23±5℃

Humidity: 65±20%RH

The voltage for a long time storage should be 3.6V~3.9V range per cell.

• Always disconnect Batteries when not in use and store Batteries in a non-conductive and fireproof container.
  • Never alter, puncture or impact Batteries or related components.
I have been wondering how to measure the voltage of a karma battery, which contacts do you use without shorting out the thing, using probes on a multimeter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS