Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Range Extender Antenna

JCLs

Reaction score
Anyone tried this yet? No technical information provided. Seems a bit “off” to me.

drone-antennas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Itelite antenna on drones in the past and still do. They make a quality product. I have not seen any reports from Karma owners yet.

Yes, I have one and it seems to work great! I have no way to measure signal- any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check the forum. A couple of us are using it!

It would take pretty sophisticated equipment to measure actual performance here. I have only been able to fly mine by the house a little to confirm it was working. I did sit Karma on driveway and walk down street watching signal level but quickly decided that was useless as Karma controller reads very low it seems. I intend flight at flying field I have used before and will try to compare best I can but switching between antenna types is not a real option here.

Stock antennas have about 3 db gain. The ITElite antennas have about 9 db gain. Each 3 db is equivalent to a doubling of sensitivity. That does not equate to doubling range but should make serious difference. Both antennas are directional patch antennas, which is why you should be aiming controller at the aircraft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have 2 controllers JCL. One with the extender and one without. Let me know if there is anyway I can test them with out loosing the drone :)

Would recommend flying in a familiar place and using video image as reference. If you are in relatively clear area with decent GPS coverage based on experience, then loss of control will result in automatic return home. However I have lost video, or had it lockup or distort and still had control of the aircraft. I usually manually activate return home at that point as orientation is tough when farther out.

Fly out until video starts acting flaky and compare. Don’t push it, no need to. Video takes more bandwidth than control so shows deteriorated signal first.

Guys , I have a new one of these for sale if anyone wants one. I bought two thinking we would install on both drones. Don't need to. It's new, I will send to you-free shipping for 80.00 . My lost is your gain.
Just let me know here and I'll send you my paypal--thanks!

I post on Ebay here

Go Pro Karma Range Extender-ITElite RangePro | eBay

Attachments

• IMG_3503.jpg
    IMG_3503.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3505.jpg
    IMG_3505.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: mefisto82
Guys , I have a new one of these for sale if anyone wants one. I bought two thinking we would install on both drones. Don't need to. It's new, I will send to you-free shipping for 80.00 . My lost is your gain.
Just let me know here and I'll send you my paypal--thanks!

I post on Ebay here

Go Pro Karma Range Extender-ITElite RangePro | eBay
Been thinking of adding another antenna to my controller, and interested in this. Once installed will this still fit inside the Karma backpack?

I modified the pad where the camera is and it works fine. You cannot easily take the mounting bracket for it that installs on the controller on and off so you need to make room for the two arms that stick out. Put controller in upside down. The antenna lays flat on either side part of it on Karma body, no problem.

It was sold

Been thinking of adding another antenna to my controller, and interested in this. Once installed will this still fit inside the Karma backpack?

No it will not fit in the case

So what is this? You cannot leave antenna mounted to controller but that is why there are thumb screws on the antenna to mounting bracket. So you can take antenna off! The antenna itself is in lower right.

69f4265019981de100bad9e29561d006.jpg

I modified the pad where the camera is and it works fine. You cannot easily take the mounting bracket for it that installs on the controller on and off so you need to make room for the two arms that stick out. Put controller in upside down. The antenna lays flat on either side part of it on Karma body, no problem.

Thanks much for posting! My case is pretty jam-packed but it looks like it'll work. I've only had my Karma a few weeks, and I love it.

I am having some connectivity issues though. Indicator turning orange at about 300' distant, 30-100' elevation with no obstructions.
Also it seems to be off in it's orientation; when I'm standing directly behind the drone the arrowhead indicator is in the 2 o'clock position on the controller screen. To center the drone in the green field I need to turn my body about a quarter turn counter clock wise. Not the easiest way to keep my on it. The drone has been calibrated, and all batteries fully charged. Is there a process for calibrating the controller? Could one the controller antennas be malfunctioning? Everything else seems flawless. Any input or ideas are greatly appreciated

So what is this? You cannot leave antenna mounted to controller but that is why there are thumb screws on the antenna to mounting bracket. So you can take antenna off! The antenna itself is in lower right.

69f4265019981de100bad9e29561d006.jpg

Yes, I guess if you want to disassembled each time you can probably fit it. I have 3 batteries in my case, so it won’t fit in my case.

There is a lot of room in the case. Assume no charger if three batteries? The antenna will fit.

The reason they put thumbscrews on the mount is to take it on and off. I got shorter, softer cables from China on eBay to make it even more easy. No big deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS