Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Problem battery karma

What problem. Video will not run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never mind. Got over to Youtube and it ran. So one battery shows good but does not work. Probably bad internal connection to one of the contacts used when plugged in. Not sure I would mess with as batteries at GoPro now $50.

the battery is charged, in fact it also recharges the controller with powerbank. but if I put it in the drone it doesn't work.

the battery is charged, in fact it also recharges the controller with powerbank. but if I put it in the drone it doesn't work.
Must be the contacts then. Are they clean?
It may be safer to buy a new battery.
Good luck.

This is why I am looking for a way to check the voltage of the battery contacts using a multimeter, I can do this with other manufacturer's battery, but so far not with the Karma.

Never mind. Got over to Youtube and it ran. So one battery shows good but does not work. Probably bad internal connection to one of the contacts used when plugged in. Not sure I would mess with as batteries at GoPro now $50.

Where do you see them for 50? And they don’t carry the charger anymore??

Where do you see them for 50? And they don’t carry the charger anymore??
And I forgot to say I’m having trouble with original battery is 3 bars charged but won’t charge and when it’s put into drone the button flashes red and it shuts off after a few but with no camera wake up or led lights.also won’t back feed charger for type c connection. You know what’s a bummer too is I got to thinking and I’m like oh yeah you can back feed the charger and power the c plug well why couldn’t you backfeed the type c with normal usb voltage then charge battery. Well that’s a no go don’t know if anyone else thought of that

Is it possible that the ingernal connections to the battery inside the drone is worn and doesnt connect to the battery?

I also remember other that when they complained to tech service about gimbal not recognize/intialize is the tech quickly rule out a battery problem.
Sometimes changing the gimbal to a new one fixes the problem. Others needed to change the karma core to fix it.
And if its karma core, 2 things are in my theory.
One would be the usb-c in the gimbal port infront of the drone and the second would be the battery connectors inside the drone that connects to the battery.
that could be worn out and not giving power to the gimbal.
If you watch youtube youll see most people slam that battery hard to make sure it is locked.
And the way the remove the battery is the pull it out hard.
These creats friction and will wear out those gold tabs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS