Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma WIFI won't power up.

Kisley

Reaction score
Hi all. Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.
I got the Karma with the 6 Black camera in December and have flown it a number of times without an issue. Today I charged up all the batteries and the controller then connected the controller to the internet and downloaded the latest update. When I powered up the drone, the controller would not connect. Opened up my wifi analyzer app and discovered the wifi transmitter in the drone was not powering up. Everything has always been stored inside the house. Any suggestions for my next step?

I am beginning to wonder if the WIFI transceiver in the drone is the weak link in the system. If this module can just suddenly stop working after dozens of good flights, what happens if it fails during a flight? Fly away?
Thanks.

I gather all was well before you added the latest update. I suggest you contact GoPro help. The problem may be in your update.

James,
That is the strange part, I never got far enough in the connection between the controller and the drone to install the updates. I got in touch with Go Pro support and the had me remove the battery and the stabilizer, then reinsert everything and hold the power button down until it went into pairing mode. This time the stabilizer aligned the camera and the drone/controller paired up. I had to power down the drone to finish the pair process. On the next power up it failed to connect. The stabilizer works perfectly in the hand held unit, just won't power up in the drone.
Right now, I don't have a lot of confidence that the WIFI transmitter is stable enough to continue to fly this one. Hopefully Go Pro support will be able to continue the troubleshooting process.
Kevin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy