Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma compatibility / usage question

Manna

Reaction score
Hello Members,

Just a few questions to you who are familiar with the Gopro Karma drone, as I did not find answers to my questions as I am considering a Karma instead of a Mavic, as I do like its look very much (at least the body shape).

Is it possible to "pair" (or connect?) a Gopro camera directly with the drone? What i mean is omitting the stabilizer grip/gimbal completly. If one would just put a Gopro on top of the drone, would it be possible to get an FPV view, or is the Karma Gimbal/grip essential?

The next thing, I always have seen Gopro Heros with the drone, what about the session, can it also be used?

My intention alltogether is to use a session with the drone, without the Gimbal/Karma grip while maintaining the FPV Video feed on the controller and saving a lot of weight.

Thanks.

JCLs

Reaction score
Not possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shon

Manna

Reaction score
Thanks for you input, despite not hearing what I was hoping for.

Billybob

Reaction score
You could probably add a session to the top of the drone , while leaving the 5 or 6 attached to the kimball. I believe someone did that on YouTube. Drone requires stabilizer and go pro to fly, unless you can hack it some way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

James Hatch

Reaction score
I concur that you have to have the stabilizer and either a hero 4, 5 or 6 camera. If you use a hero 4, you will need a different camera harness than the 5 or 6. The drone was designed for aerial survey photography in a steady and stable manner, it is not a racing machine. I have just purchased a Fire 8 tablet so that a passenger can concentrate on the photography, while I concentrate on flying and making smooth turns.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanhzk