Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma compatibility / usage question

Manna

Reaction score
Hello Members,

Just a few questions to you who are familiar with the Gopro Karma drone, as I did not find answers to my questions as I am considering a Karma instead of a Mavic, as I do like its look very much (at least the body shape).

Is it possible to "pair" (or connect?) a Gopro camera directly with the drone? What i mean is omitting the stabilizer grip/gimbal completly. If one would just put a Gopro on top of the drone, would it be possible to get an FPV view, or is the Karma Gimbal/grip essential?

The next thing, I always have seen Gopro Heros with the drone, what about the session, can it also be used?

My intention alltogether is to use a session with the drone, without the Gimbal/Karma grip while maintaining the FPV Video feed on the controller and saving a lot of weight.

Thanks.

Not possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shon
Thanks for you input, despite not hearing what I was hoping for.

You could probably add a session to the top of the drone , while leaving the 5 or 6 attached to the kimball. I believe someone did that on YouTube. Drone requires stabilizer and go pro to fly, unless you can hack it some way[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I concur that you have to have the stabilizer and either a hero 4, 5 or 6 camera. If you use a hero 4, you will need a different camera harness than the 5 or 6. The drone was designed for aerial survey photography in a steady and stable manner, it is not a racing machine. I have just purchased a Fire 8 tablet so that a passenger can concentrate on the photography, while I concentrate on flying and making smooth turns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS