Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

How many charge cycles on a battery?

BadKarma

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea how many charge cycles a Karma battery can effectively deliver? It would seem draining that beast in 17 minutes would take a serious toll on it. As a side note, it's a heck of a pocket warmer when taken out after a flight.
Thanks!

First off I plan my flights of no more than 10 minutes. This gives me a flying safety factor. Only charge your battery before you fly. Then if you are flying to a location then make sure your batteries are only two lights and you have them in your carry on luggage. When not flying for a while and you have your batteries in mild place, if they drop to one light then put them on charge and bring them back to two lights. These batteries need a lot of TLC, then they will give you good service.

Good tips to keep the batteries in tip-top condition, thanks! I haven't heard any horror stories about exploding, leaking or puffy batteries, so that's good. I wonder if I'll need to drop a Franklin on a new battery about every 250 flights? I figure if a cell phone is good for about 500 charges, maybe this is about 1/2 the life? Totally a guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS