Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Hi everyone

skipper

Reaction score
Hello,

just a few lines to introduce myself: I live in southern Germany, work as a captain for a major airline (hence the nickname) and had my KARMA for about half a year now, so far without any troubles at all. I'm looking forward to getting all sorts of good information on the forum.

All the best!

Hello,

just a few lines to introduce myself: I live in southern Germany, work as a captain for a major airline (hence the nickname) and had my KARMA for about half a year now, so far without any troubles at all. I'm looking forward to getting all sorts of good information on the forum.

All the best!

If anyone could avoid a crash, it would be the pilot of a major airline, LOL.

Seriously though...welcome aboard! :)

Reactions: skipper
If anyone could avoid a crash, it would be the pilot of a major airline, LOL.

Seriously though...welcome aboard! :)

Well, thank you for your trust in my abilities, that's flattering. ;)
If the hardware failed, which seems to have been the case in most reported losses, I'm afraid I'd be just as helpless as anyone else.

Hi and welcome can’t wait to see some of the German landscape from your karma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, thank you for your trust in my abilities, that's flattering. ;)
If the hardware failed, which seems to have been the case in most reported losses, I'm afraid I'd be just as helpless as anyone else.

True, but I honestly believe most losses are not due to hardware failure. I’ve seen many folks on this board claiming hardware failure, and then I discover their videos posted on YouTube for Gopro customer service, that tell a much different story.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, I just think it happens more rarely than we might believe.

Boards like this are naturally places where folks that have issues congregate, so there is a bit of “confirmation bias” just reading the posts.

I just watched a YouTube video yesterday where a Phantom 4 version 2.0 ( newly purchased) lost power and fell from the sky. I’ve seen similar things with Mavic, Spark, etc. i’ve personally seen the Parrot Bebop drop from the sky and plunge into the ocean. Unfortunately it can happen with all drones. In my humble opinion, following a pre-flight check list can help mitigate possible factors that could contribute to possible mechanical failure.

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS