Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

GoPro Drone Karma Controller Stuck On (GoPro Logo)

delux gsm

Reaction score
Hi Admin
I buy Used GoPro Working Well
Last Day I Try To Fly my Drone So i Update My Controller by-mistake my Wifi Discount And i Power off my Controller after Power on Again Controller stuck on Logo
i Already Try To HardReset(Power On/OFF for 8 sec)
What Should i do Next Thanks

Hi Admin
Last Day I Try To Fly my Drone So i Update My Controller by-mistake my Wifi Discount And i Power off my Controller after Power on Again Controller stuck on Logo
Hi there,

I also have a similar or same problem as you've described. So I bought a used GoPro Karma off eBay classifieds (in Germany) and the Controller is stuck constantly or perhaps permanently on the GoPro logo screen. It just wont boot or go past that screen. Contacted the seller but he insistently
claims at the time of shipping, the controller worked without any issues and he had even updated it to the latest firmware shortly before selling it to me. Unfortunately this was a private sale and thus I have no claim to any Return or Guarantee whatsoever - what a shame!

Hence I'd like to know if you managed to figure out a solution for yours.
Thanks in advance for your response.

Attachments

• karma freeze1.jpg
    karma freeze1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 3
  • karma freeze.jpg
    karma freeze.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi Admin
You could try and flash the controller, do you know what version of the firmware you were on? If you login to your gopro account it might show you.

This is how you flash the controller

There are links to download different firmware versions here

If your not sure what version it was I would suggest that you start with version 2.

Reactions: depromanney
Hi there,

I also have a similar or same problem as you've described. So I bought a used GoPro Karma off eBay classifieds (in Germany) and the Controller is stuck constantly or perhaps permanently on the GoPro logo screen. It just wont boot or go past that screen. Contacted the seller but he insistently
claims at the time of shipping, the controller worked without any issues and he had even updated it to the latest firmware shortly before selling it to me. Unfortunately this was a private sale and thus I have no claim to any Return or Guarantee whatsoever - what a shame!

Hence I'd like to know if you managed to figure out a solution for yours.
Thanks in advance for your response.
You could try and flash the controller, do you know what version of the firmware you were on? If you login to your gopro account it might show you.

If your not sure what version it was I would suggest that you start with version 2.

Reactions: depromanney

Hello bozmanx

First off, thanks very very much for your generosity both for the time and efforts to share such useful and life saving information. My hat is off too for Donovan Lawson the guy who availed all the requisite files for flashing the Karma controller and painstakingly made the above video tutorial to demonstrate or instruct even a lay man on how to Flash, upgrade, downgrade, recover and even unbrick a Karma controller. Once again I can't thank you guys enough. I owe you all a beer each should we ever cross paths in the real world - I'm in Germany so I guess beer is pretty much what I can think of! PROST🍺🍻😊

Enough preaching to the choir! So I posted for help under this thread started by delux gsm
regarding GoPro Drone Karma Controller Stuck On (GoPro Logo) of which I suffered a similar fate from a controller I recently bought that wouldn't boot up or pass the GoPro logo screen. From the look of things, OP doesn't seem to be quite active here and it almost felt like there wouldn't be any glimmer of hope for me getting some answers or guidance but then you promptly came to my rescue with your above post which I rightly followed up to and did exactly what was being instructed with the available files and Voila! I was able to install the Android and flash the controller to the latest update with the dump you shared. I never would have imagined such phenomenal help and solution to my problem would come so quick and easy at the most unlikeliest time.

Well, in a nutshell you saved me tremendously from headache and even the feeling of bad luck as it had already been dawning on me. I even bought another controller that also had it's own issue which I'd sort of call an "update loop" whereby it's constantly notifying that there's an update for only the controller despite having gone through that update process numerous times. it displayed that the Controller had Firmware version 2.5.0 instead of 2.5.01. I did everything especially running the update severally but was still stuck at the former until I came across your saving timely intervention. I flashed that controller too with the FW Ver. 2.5.01 and all that "false update" notification or "update loop" however you wanna call it disappeared. Now everything is up to date and running smoothly. So Yay! I got a spare controller which I might sell later.

I actually became a Karma owner just recently (more specifically shortly before Christmas) when I decided it's time for me to increase my little arsenal of Photography/ Videography gear for a business I'm planning to set up in my home country Ghana. Then I came across these 2 irresistible offers which cost a total of 370€ (1 offer was without the Gimbal for 120€, the other with everything including 3 extra batteries for 250 € - of course all inclusive of shipping costs). So I'd guess those weren't bad deals considering I already have a Hero 5.

After fiddling with the one which had an almost "bricked" Controller and pairing issues (the 250€ piece), I've been able to get it pairing with the "unbricked" controller and flying again but not without some trick though - And the trick is, just a single push of the drone's power button only turns it on of course but won't initialize the Stabilizer and thus the camera, hence resulting in the popular "Pairing issue". After several attempts, I figured out pressing the power button for about 5-7 seconds shortly before putting the drone core into pairing mode, actually initiates the Stabilizer and camera. And that's about 99.5% of the time. When I forget to go through this process and just turn it on as I would with the other drone which works perfectly, then I'd have to pull the battery out to turn it off because it'd just not do that by pressing the power button no matter what. For now, I have gotten to know my new "Karma Birdies" and learning how to get along with them but also put up with the occasional drama and attitude of the stubborn one.

Thanks very much once again for caring and sharing - it was really really helpful.

Last edited:
Hello bozmanx

First off, thanks very very much for your generosity both for the time and efforts to share such useful and life saving information. My hat is off too for Donovan Lawson the guy who availed all the requisite files for flashing the Karma controller and painstakingly made the above video tutorial to demonstrate or instruct even a lay man on how to Flash, upgrade, downgrade, recover and even unbrick a Karma controller. Once again I can't thank you guys enough. I owe you all a beer each should we ever cross paths in the real world - I'm in Germany so I guess beer is pretty much what I can think of! PROST🍺🍻😊

Enough preaching to the choir! So I posted for help under this thread started by delux gsm
regarding GoPro Drone Karma Controller Stuck On (GoPro Logo) of which I suffered a similar fate from a controller I recently bought that wouldn't boot up or pass the GoPro logo screen. From the look of things, OP doesn't seem to be quite active here and it almost felt like there wouldn't be any glimmer of hope for me getting some answers or guidance but then you promptly came to my rescue with your above post which I rightly followed up to and did exactly what was being instructed with the available files and Voila! I was able to install the Android and flash the controller to the latest update with the dump you shared. I never would have imagined such phenomenal help and solution to my problem would come so quick and easy at the most unlikeliest time.

Well, in a nutshell you saved me tremendously from headache and even the feeling of bad luck as it had already been dawning on me. I even bought another controller that also had it's own issue which I'd sort of call an "update loop" whereby it's constantly notifying that there's an update for only the controller despite having gone through that update process numerous times. it displayed that the Controller had Firmware version 2.5.0 instead of 2.5.01. I did everything especially running the update severally but was still stuck at the former until I came across your saving timely intervention. I flashed that controller too with the FW Ver. 2.5.01 and all that "false update" notification or "update loop" however you wanna call it disappeared. Now everything is up to date and running smoothly. So Yay! I got a spare controller which I might sell later.

I actually became a Karma owner just recently (more specifically shortly before Christmas) when I decided it's time for me to increase my little arsenal of Photography/ Videography gear for a business I'm planning to set up in my home country Ghana. Then I came across these 2 irresistible offers which cost a total of 370€ (1 offer was without the Gimbal for 120€, the other with everything including 3 extra batteries for 250 € - of course all inclusive of shipping costs). So I'd guess those weren't bad deals considering I already have a Hero 5.

After fiddling with the one which had an almost "bricked" Controller and pairing issues (the 250€ piece), I've been able to get it pairing with the "unbricked" controller and flying again but not without some trick though - And the trick is, just a single push of the drone's power button only turns it on of course but won't initialize the Stabilizer and thus the camera, hence resulting in the popular "Pairing issue". After several attempts, I figured out pressing the power button for about 5-7 seconds shortly before putting the drone core into pairing mode, actually initiates the Stabilizer and camera. And that's about 99.5% of the time. When I forget to go through this process and just turn it on as I would with the other drone which works perfectly, then I'd have to pull the battery out to turn it off because it'd just not do that by pressing the power button no matter what. For now, I have gotten to know my new "Karma Birdies" and learning how to get along with them but also put up with the occasional drama and attitude of the stubborn one.

Thanks very much once again for caring and sharing - it was really really helpful.
Thanks Depromanney,

I must agree with you , there are a lot of really smart people that have been working on this and doing some cool reverse engineering. Donovan and Andvaider are the brains of this , I an just a foot solider getting the word out to people that there are some fixes for the issues that we are seeing.

There are a lot of people over in the GoPro Karma facebook page sharing information, its a handy page at times

Bozmanx

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy