Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Fully extend the landing gear

Rory J

Reaction score
Hi all after a break from my Karma related issues,I have recently revisited my drone and issues.
So now having installed updates,done reboots and restarts,calibrations.
This is my current problem
On starting the one drone that communicating with everything I get as far ready to launch and get the message ( fully extend the landing gear).
I have replaced the existing landing gear with a new one and still the same message.
So now back to the motherboard.
It should be possible to by pass these someway and I am considering looking to make a new board from a Ramsbury pi board.
Any thoughts anyone 🤔

Hi all after a break from my Karma related issues,I have recently revisited my drone and issues.
So now having installed updates,done reboots and restarts,calibrations.
This is my current problem
On starting the one drone that communicating with everything I get as far ready to launch and get the message ( fully extend the landing gear).
I have replaced the existing landing gear with a new one and still the same message.
So now back to the motherboard.
It should be possible to by pass these someway and I am considering looking to make a new board from a Ramsbury pi board.
Any thoughts anyone 🤔
Hiya!
Are you sure you installed the landing gear correctly?
Search these forums re this issue. I'm sure it has something to do with installation and the micro switch that needs to be engaged.

Good luck.

Last time I had mine open I think I saw a couple of micro switches. If the issue is the switches then you should be able to just set the line to what is required. join the two wires if the circuit needs to be closed or cut then if it needs to be open.

The other option would be to work out which one is broken, find a replacement and install it. This is assuming its a mechanical issue in one of the switches.

I was about to look into replacing the internals, there is a lot of new features on controllers these days and it would also provide the ability to choose a transmitter with better range as well as move to fpv googles. Newer boards have a lot of extra features these days that were not around in 2015/6 when the Karma was designed.

Sometimes when assembling the landing gear the cable within the landing gear assy or the body can get pinched. Please re-check that the cable is not pinched/cut. The sensor sensing the position of the landing gear is an IC in one of the legs (probably an accelerometer?) at least in my version of the body.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy