Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Unreliable start-up

Billymontz

Reaction score
I went to start my Karma the other day. The red and green lights came on, but the camera would not rotate into position, and the on-off switch pilot light remained at blinking white. The same happened during repeated attempts that day, all with fully-charged batteries. Today, it started and flew just fine? I am a deputy with our town's Emergency Management and need a drone I can rely on. Any advice?

I should also mention that on two occasions I reached out to GoPro support for guidance. I received neither of the call-backs I was promised. Any other advice?

I went to start my Karma the other day. The red and green lights came on, but the camera would not rotate into position, and the on-off switch pilot light remained at blinking white. The same happened during repeated attempts that day, all with fully-charged batteries. Today, it started and flew just fine? I am a deputy with our town's Emergency Management and need a drone I can rely on. Any advice?

I should also mention that on two occasions I reached out to GoPro support for guidance. I received neither of the call-backs I was promised. Any other advice?
It sounds as if you might have had a bad connection on your first tries. It could have been dirty contact points. I would try cleaning all the contacts with some alcohol. I doubt if you will ever hear anything from GoPro. The have apparently abandoned the Karma, due to all the problems that have been reported, especially with pairing issues. I would not depend on the Karma during an emergency situation.

I love flying mine and have not had any issues so far, but I never depend on it for a job. I always bring my backup which is a DJI Mavic Pro. I have several DJI drones to fall back on. I would suggest investing in something like a Phantom 4 for emergencies. Don't get a DJI mini. They can be effected by strong winds, especially at higher altitudes.

If you need mission critical you'll need to bail on the Karma. GP has discontinued service and you won't be getting a call back - you may however, be able to subscribe to their GP Care program (not sure if they will actually cover the Karma) for paid support.

What you are experiencing is typical and part of the reason they discontinued. If your indented use is anything other than hobby, you need to upgrade from the Karma!

If you need mission critical you'll need to bail on the Karma. GP has discontinued service and you won't be getting a call back - you may however, be able to subscribe to their GP Care program (not sure if they will actually cover the Karma) for paid support.

What you are experiencing is typical and part of the reason they discontinued. If your indented use is anything other than hobby, you need to upgrade from the Karma!
Thank you and blue skies!

It sounds as if you might have had a bad connection on your first tries. It could have been dirty contact points. I would try cleaning all the contacts with some alcohol. I doubt if you will ever hear anything from GoPro. The have apparently abandoned the Karma, due to all the problems that have been reported, especially with pairing issues. I would not depend on the Karma during an emergency situation.

I love flying mine and have not had any issues so far, but I never depend on it for a job. I always bring my backup which is a DJI Mavic Pro. I have several DJI drones to fall back on. I would suggest investing in something like a Phantom 4 for emergencies. Don't get a DJI mini. They can be effected by strong winds, especially at higher altitudes.
Thank you and blue skies!

Reactions: MiragePro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy