Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

loosing video signal

peter801

Reaction score
hey there,
have had my karma for a few years and over the last 12 months have noticed the video signal has been getting less and less to the point now it only goes about 1300ft away before starting to loose video signal on the remote. any suggestions? i am using it on a 130 acre property with no trees and i have constant line of sight at all times, also the triangle indicator on the screen never stays in the green orange or red section on the screen even tho im pointing it straight at it.

Reactions: Tony
hey there,
have had my karma for a few years and over the last 12 months have noticed the video signal has been getting less and less to the point now it only goes about 1300ft away before starting to loose video signal on the remote. any suggestions? i am using it on a 130 acre property with no trees and i have constant line of sight at all times, also the triangle indicator on the screen never stays in the green orange or red section on the screen even tho im pointing it straight at it.
Thanks for sharing. I have own mine for three years, flying without issues until recently. I have flow in HI, Australia, the USA. Lost control and my Karma in Turks and Caicos in September in the ocean. I calibrated it before take off. Had it up hovering 30’ above me when it reported lost GPS and flew straight out away from me into the sea. Landed in the ocean approximately 1000’ feet off shore in 20’ of water.

Reactions: dronelover
Really impressed that you flew over 1300 ft on a regular basis. I get nervous when I lose sight of the Karma and it disappears at half that distance. Then there is the issue of having enough battery to return home. So if you get video at 1300 ft, I would be happy with that.

Reactions: Ironspear
Thanks for sharing. I have own mine for three years, flying without issues until recently. I have flow in HI, Australia, the USA. Lost control and my Karma in Turks and Caicos in September in the ocean. I calibrated it before take off. Had it up hovering 30’ above me when it reported lost GPS and flew straight out away from me into the sea. Landed in the ocean approximately 1000’ feet off shore in 20’ of water.

Thats odd.

where did you took off first hand? Was it thesame place or was it different?

Flew off the beach after calibrating Karma. Got a “ready to fly” message.

Within 60 seconds of a normal take off it reported out “GPS lost” and flew out to sea.
I was never able to regain control in spite of my best efforts.

I think that there is something wrong with GoPro’s software from last update.

"GPS lost", what is the exact message on the controller?
I have experienced a "compass error" to had a fly without controlled but never "GPS lost", you can't calibrate karma without enough GPS signal (for example the in door situation) or the spot with heavy magnetic interference, I always calibrate before every flight both the compass and accelerator, do not count on the "ready to fly" message just calibrate it until it says "calibration is complete".

I calibrated prior to take off. Auto launched Karma. Took her up to about 40’.
Waited a minute before they to direct the Karma.

controller stated “GPS” lost. At that point it flew away and would not respond. Auto landed in the ocean.

Damn this karma done.
Iv never experienced any probs except for once it just lost compass.
Then i returned home and said GPS reconnected.
Notice the compass and the gps. Not both at thesame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy