Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma version1.11

Clad

Reaction score
Hi all. New here as I just bought my first drone, the Karma with Hero5 Black. Went through all pre flight updates and the drone itself will not update. It is stuck on version 1.11. I have read up on suggestions as far as rebooting, sequential shutdown and disconnect/reconnect and install but still get a "failed" on the controller screen. All battery power at 100% or close to it. I'm at a loss. Will contact GP on Monday unless any of you guys has a suggestion. Thanks, Clad

Hi all. New here as I just bought my first drone, the Karma with Hero5 Black. Went through all pre flight updates and the drone itself will not update. It is stuck on version 1.11. I have read up on suggestions as far as rebooting, sequential shutdown and disconnect/reconnect and install but still get a "failed" on the controller screen. All battery power at 100% or close to it. I'm at a loss. Will contact GP on Monday unless any of you guys has a suggestion. Thanks, Clad
I had an issue with mine & GoPro was there to help me on a Sunday

Start a chat with GP, they are there all the time, sometimes you need to wait as they say that “there’s no operator at the moment”, but try again.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Were your batteries well charged when doing the update?

After lengthy conversation and multiple attempts, to no avail, I am waiting to here back from GoPro. It went to a higher authority. Not only this problem but my Karma grip is not working as well.

As Ironspear said, It sounds like batteries in drone and grip need charging. Remember Karma's are shipped with low batteries for safety reasons.

As Ironspear said, It sounds like batteries in drone and grip need charging. Remember Karma's are shipped with low batteries for safety reasons.
Hi James. I had the batteries fully charged. A GP tech walked me through a series of proceedures and determined that the core had to be sent back for replacement. Funny thing with that. They showed no more new cores on line and I asked someone at GP sales and they confirmed they only had refurbs left. Then I called GP tech and They said they had new cores. When I explained they conflict, they hung up on me. I called again to confirm I was getting a new core because my drone had never worked from brand new. They tell me they only have new ones. It is still in transit, we shall see.
Grip working fine. Software glitch.

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raith11458