Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Flight School: Mavic Pro vs Power Loss?

Shon

Reaction score
In this series of threads, I will be analyzing crash videos in an effort to learn more about the limitations of technology in the Karma Drone, and how to avoid such issues myself. Hopefully such analysis will help us all fly better and avoid potentially problematic flights. I'm interested in hearing from other experienced pilots regarding their observations or "tips of the trade".

Pilot Statement: "The mavic pro in the air.. without anything unusual is just falling and spitting on the roof of the building,should be noted that landed straight".

ANALYSIS: I have no idea what happened here. Karma has a bad reputation for this kind of thing... but I've seen plenty of videos where it happens unexpectedly with Mavic Drones too. I suspect that this may be due to equipment failure.

In order to avoid these types of issues, it is a good idea to assure the drone is clean and in good condition, free of any defects. dust in the stabilizer is a frequent problem with Mavics, leading to equipment failure. Some type of landing pad (Car floor mat, heavy foam rubber, etc) can be helpful in reducing the amount of dust and debris that is kicked up into the stabilizer by the prop wash. I would also recommend making sure all props are screwed on tightly, and that the battery is firmly seated in the drone. If props appear to be worn or cracked go buy some new ones. It's better to spend $20 bucks now, than hundreds later. On that note... be careful when using third-party parts/accessories for your drone. They could result in unintended negative consequences.

Reactions: Billybob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildman