Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

What should I move to?

SurfDog

Reaction score
Website
www.pahouselink.com
I like my Karma but I think we all know, things are coming to an end :confused:...

Along those lines, I use mine (mostly) for Real Estate video and aerial pics.

In all of ya'alls experience what would be the best platform/drone to move (up) to (under $2,500) once our Karma options are exhausted.

I am a relatively new Karma owner and have been happy with many aspects of it, however, it's a bit large and heavy for lugging in my hiking backpack and attracts more attention than I'd like because of it's size and noise. I recently also purchased a Parrot Anafi to try and have been happy with it thus far. Is very small and very quiet, and seems very stable -- and can be hand launched/retrieved. A lot of camera settings and automated flight path options as well. So far so good.

Having said that, there's something very cool about watching the Karma fly and land -- and others have described the flight video as "buttery smooth" which I agree with.

Reactions: Ironspear
I'm an early adopter of the Karma and still fly it on a regular basis. It has stability that rivals my DJI drones and, of course, works with my fleet of GoPro cameras and accessories. That said, it _is_ becoming dated. My skydio2 arrived about two weeks ago and...it is the upgraded brother of the Karma so far! It also seems to be great on real estate with its AI and autonomous obstacles avoidance.

I'm an early adopter of the Karma and still fly it on a regular basis. It has stability that rivals my DJI drones and, of course, works with my fleet of GoPro cameras and accessories. That said, it _is_ becoming dated. My skydio2 arrived about two weeks ago and...it is the upgraded brother of the Karma so far! It also seems to be great on real estate with its AI and autonomous obstacles avoidance.

@Vidtuition - OK that is an impressive drone if it does everything it says it will!? Little on the pricey side (2x the Karma) but I'm guessing you get what you pay for?? Have you tried flying it into anything yet? Does the avoidance work?

Hi. Price...well you wrote "(up) to (under $2,500" so I figured the Skydio2 plus Cinema kit would fit your budget.

Anyhoooo, yes , I've already had it follow me while riding under and between trees. Zero collisions.

I'd say the only function that is it less good than the Karma, so far after just a week of having it, is the stability in strong winds.

Hi. Price...well you wrote "(up) to (under $2,500" so I figured the Skydio2 plus Cinema kit would fit your budget.

Anyhoooo, yes , I've already had it follow me while riding under and between trees. Zero collisions.

I'd say the only function that is it less good than the Karma, so far after just a week of having it, is the stability in strong winds.

HAHAHA, yes I did!

Karma is NO dream in "decent" winds, near obstacles either.

How is the avoidance in high winds? Will it get pushed into something or will it move out of the way?

At this moment, bar none, for the money IMO the DJI Mavic Pro 2 is the best.

My opinion is based on: Cost, reliability, good flight characteristics, connectivity reliability.

I've done everything from building my own drones when they first came out (they used to call them quadcopters!) to owning all the DJI Phantom line and both DJI Mavic 1 and now the Mavic 2. I tried the Autel Evo II but it flew like a brick and I did not like some of the app issues.

Depending on the quality of video/photos you need the best screaming deal out there is a gently used Mavic Pro "1" (first version). I...
sold mine with 4 batteries and lots of extras for only $800. I should have kept it, aside from not as nice a camera as the Mavic 2 it is a solid bird.

My buddy has a Skydio, and if you want MAINLY a follow me drone, then that would be your choice. DJI stuff still does not compare in the follow me department, that has been Skydio's sole focus (and obstacle avoidance).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy