Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Wireless donut!

Ironspear

Reaction score
Hi there all!

Has anyone heard of the "wireless donut" effect?
Its a blind spot directly above your controller sort of.
So if your drone is directly above you and you are holding the controller level looking at the screen you may lose connection.

antennaradiationpattern2.jpgblindspot1.jpg

Maybe just another thing to keep in mind when your holding the controller... maybe not lol.

One recomenation I heard early on, was to open the clam shell controller all the way. This allows the directional antenna to be aimed more directly at the drone, and would avoid the issue you mention above.

Reactions: Ironspear
One recomenation I heard early on, was to open the clam shell controller all the way. This allows the directional antenna to be aimed more directly at the drone, and would avoid the issue you mention above.

This is what I have been doing. Opening the controller all the way and then pointing it in the drones direction.

Reactions: Shon
They are using two “planer” type antennas in the unit. They are mounted in the back of the controller and parallel to the back with a slight angle on each to each side.

b87e02b869435dddd10a657b03a71677.png

The radiation pattern is highly directional. The back of the controller must be aimed at the Karma. Putting screen all the way back probably has a slight negative affect. The enhanced range antenna is a larger planer antenna, therefore having more gain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ironspear and Shon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS