Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

What‘s wrong with GoPro?

Dropi57

Reaction score
I had a very enlightening chat with GoPro support this morning. Reading about the company‘ financial troubles, may I suggest they invest in teaching support staff the basics - money much better spent than throwing away millions on restructuring!

The following is the transcript sent to me by the chat system:

Thanks for chatting with us! As requested, here is a copy of our recent conversation for your record, should you need to reference it in the future.

If you ever have any more questions or concerns, you can reach back out to us at the link below, please do not reply to this automated email.

http://gopro.com/contact-us
Many Thanks,
GoPro Support

Chat Started: Tuesday, January 09, 2018, 17:33:28 (+0800)

Chat Origin: English Sales - Lison

Agent Aaron P

( 2s ) Aaron: My name is Aaron. How can I help you?
( 30s ) Visitor: Hi Aaron, where can I register my new product, the Karma drone
( 45s ) Aaron: Thank you for contacting GoPro Support. I would be happy to help.
( 1m 33s ) Aaron: Do you have the GoPro Care?
( 1m 42s ) Visitor: No
( 2m 14s ) Aaron: Was it registering it to the GoPro Plus?
( 3m 9s ) Visitor: No, product registration: drone, hero 5 black and karma grip - it was one package
( 3m 39s ) Aaron: I see.
( 3m 54s ) Aaron: Let me double check this one, give me a moment please.
( 4m 0s ) Visitor: OK
( 4m 8s ) Aaron: Thanks.
( 8m 52s ) Visitor: Hello?
( 9m 11s ) Aaron: Yes. I'm still here, i do apologize.
( 9m 26s ) Aaron: Are you registered to the GoPro website?
( 9m 38s ) Visitor: Yes, I am
( 10m 47s ) Aaron: I see.
( 11m 2s ) Aaron: Are you already on the GoPro website?
( 11m 7s ) Visitor: Yes
( 12m 17s ) Aaron: Alright.
( 13m 3s ) Aaron: Are you trying to register it to the main GoPro website or on the Quik for desktop?
( 13m 32s ) Visitor: Homepage
( 15m 22s ) Aaron: Alright.
( 15m 47s ) Visitor: Sorry, but I don't understand why you are asking all these questions. I repeat my original request to you: I purchased a Karma drone, in a package with a Hero 5 Black and a Karma Grip. I want to register these products, where can I do this?
( 16m 54s ) Visitor: I have been in this chat for more than 15 minutes - this isn't rocket science. Am I missing something?
( 17m 19s ) Aaron: Alright. Let me get your serial number so that I can document this.
( 18m 56s ) Aaron: I mean the serial number of the camera.
( 19m 41s ) Visitor: I think I need to involve my consumer protection agency. Please provide me with a web address, where I will enter all the information to register the products I have purchased
( 20m 21s ) Visitor: You are obviouly stalling, unwilling or unable to give me the required information
( 20m 45s ) Visitor: Last chance: please type the information I requested
( 20m 51s ) Visitor: NOW
( 21m 43s ) Aaron: I do apologize, there's no need to register it, since the camera, karma grip and Karma drone are under warranty, there's no need to register it.
( 22m 42s ) Visitor: Thank you
( 23m 0s ) Aaron: You're welcome, and I do apologize again for the confusion.
( 23m 10s ) Visitor: Bye

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Billybob and Shred
Untrained and uneducated representatives. Look at my post right before yours today.

Reactions: Dropi57
Sounds to me like Aaron needs to be trained, I would say retrained but don't think he or she got it the first time, good luck

I had a very enlightening chat with GoPro support this morning. Reading about the company‘ financial troubles, may I suggest they invest in teaching support staff the basics - money much better spent than throwing away millions on restructuring!

Thanks for chatting with us! As requested, here is a copy of our recent conversation for your record, should you need to reference it in the future.

If you ever have any more questions or concerns, you can reach back out to us at the link below, please do not reply to this automated email.

Many Thanks,
GoPro Support

Agent Aaron P

( 45s ) Aaron: Thank you for contacting GoPro Support. I would be happy to help.
( 3m 9s ) Visitor: No, product registration: drone, hero 5 black and karma grip - it was one package
( 13m 3s ) Aaron: Are you trying to register it to the main GoPro website or on the Quik for desktop?
( 15m 47s ) Visitor: Sorry, but I don't understand why you are asking all these questions. I repeat my original request to you: I purchased a Karma drone, in a package with a Hero 5 Black and a Karma Grip. I want to register these products, where can I do this?
( 16m 54s ) Visitor: I have been in this chat for more than 15 minutes - this isn't rocket science. Am I missing something?
( 17m 19s ) Aaron: Alright. Let me get your serial number so that I can document this.
( 19m 41s ) Visitor: I think I need to involve my consumer protection agency. Please provide me with a web address, where I will enter all the information to register the products I have purchased
( 20m 21s ) Visitor: You are obviouly stalling, unwilling or unable to give me the required information
( 21m 43s ) Aaron: I do apologize, there's no need to register it, since the camera, karma grip and Karma drone are under warranty, there's no need to register it.

Thanks for sharing.. i wish i had a copy of my last communication... sounds about the same... really bad customer service

Many Thanks,
GoPro Support

Agent Aaron P

HAHA EVERYTHING:

I’ve never been more infuriated and disappointed in a brand. Poor quality product and worst customer service team I have ever encountered!!! We purchased this drone bundle prior to our honeymoon in hopes to use it many more times as we began our family. After only having it for less than 6 months, that was cut short. We took every precaution in configuring it correctly before our last flight, got the green light to go and after only minutes of flying it, the device said it was losing wi-fi connection, which triggered its autopilot mode. During its auto-flight back to us it, it lost control and crashed into a pond below it (that it had autopiloted over). I didn't realize until after, but in reading and researching further, this is actually a common problem. Because it relies on wi-fi it's extremely unreliable and can fall from the sky or hit objects in its path during the autoflight back pretty regularly. And when it does, GoPro refuses to take any accountability so you will not get your money back, even if you have a warranty on it.

We spent hours trying to retrieve it, but could not and deemed it too dangerous to attempt again and near impossible to find any ways. We contacted customer service to see what our options were since we had a two year warranty on it and were only met with robotic responses, a refusal to take any accountability and blame towards us as their consumers, with no real reasonable logic. There was absolutely nothing we could have done differently given the resources that GoPro had provided to have avoided that outcome. When prying to ask to see the flight logs they said they were confidential and would not share them with me, yet used that as an excuse to say that they decided it was not their fault. The main thing they used to blame it on user error was by saying we didn’t properly avoid the possible “wi-fi interference objects” and then they provided a list of objectives you should avoid when flying. The ONLY applicable object in this case was water! Yes, water! So all those advertisements you see on this page and throughout their website and other marketing materials with water on it, turns out you can’t actually do what they are falsely advertising and we should have known that as consumers!!!! For goodness sake, their main video has a man literally launch the karma drone off of his kayak in the middle of the ocean!!! But I should have known to not fly nearby a cranberry bog reservoir!? After months of arguing and being pushed from one terrible customer service representative to another, they offered to replace the least expensive parts, still requiring us to invest $700 for those parts to even work, and spend more money with a brand we no longer could trust. After even more arguing they offered a jokeable 20% discount. And finally, I spoke with an extremely rude and condescending customer service “supervisor”, who by no means should be in this business, that basically sternly told me to give up, take the discount and that they wouldn’t do anything else even if we found it. For a brand that thrives off of human experiences and leverages happy life milestones, they certainly ruined our honeymoon (all our footage was lost) and our babymoon, which we had hoped to use this on as well and were still arguing with them about, and did not deliver the least bit enjoyable customer service experience. I would NOT RECOMMEND buying products from this company unless you are okay wasting your money when they prematurely break and do not anticipate any understanding from the manufacturer. I hope this saves someone months of frustration in dealing with this company and some money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy