Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Waterlogged

D

Deleted member 996

Hi Folks! I recently slammed my Karma into a tree branch and the drone fell, broke through some thin ice, and ended up in a foot of water. I know, I know... Anyway, the camera and stabilizer broke free when the unit hit the ice and they are fine (tested in the hand-held Grip). I dried the drone and the battery (I have only one) completely (disassembled the drone and "baked" in rice, etc.). The battery LEDs do not light when I connect the battery to the charger, and the power LED on the drone simply pulses red (about once every two seconds) when I insert the battery and press the power button. I'm working with a multi-meter to figure out the battery pinouts, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone else has documented them.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or documentation on the battery connector, or what the slow red pulsing means.

Thanks!

@Waterlogged

Mine was in the water for about 4 minutes, I ended up having to replace the drone, stabilizer and battery. I was completely honest about my mistakes that led to the drone falling into water, sent GoPro the entire footage, and they were nice enough to replace everything. Try and contact them.

BTW, the camera survived without any noticeable effects, though water temperatures were about 5 C degrees.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

@Waterlogged

Mine was in the water for about 4 minutes, I ended up having to replace the drone, stabilizer and battery. I was completely honest about my mistakes that led to the drone falling into water, sent GoPro the entire footage, and they were nice enough to replace everything. Try and contact them.

BTW, the camera survived without any noticeable effects, though water temperatures were about 5 C degrees.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Interesting! Thank you for posting your experience @Dropi57. I'll contact GoPro.

I recently bought a used Karma battery to see if it would breathe life back into the drone, and ...

It lives! The drone seems fine (though I haven't actually flown it yet). I even bought a set of Master Airscrew propellors. But ...

I noticed after powering it up that the camera is panned about 5 degrees to the right. I have gone through the Karma stabilizer calibration process several times. I have also done the Grip calibration process several times. No change to the camera angle. I also disassembled the stabilizer and learned that the camera mount is "keyed", so there doesn't appear to be any obvious way to mechanically tweak the position.

Any thoughts on how to get the camera to aim straight ahead?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS