Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Water damage

Dropi57

Reaction score
So I ditched my Karma drone into a river this week. Most likely it was my own fault, getting worked up because the battery was getting closer to the end. It took me a couple of minutes to retrieve it from the water, camera was still running all lights on the Karma still on, I could power it off regularly.

Emptied it of water immediately, removed the battery, the stabilizer, the camera from its casing and dried everything off, as well I could.

At home, I let it dry for a few hours, then I contacted support. We made a few tests, which revealed the stabilizer to be defective, the battery dead and also, I couldn‘t turn on the power with a completely dry second battery that I have, on the drone.

Question: would you attempt to disassemble the Karma, to check for any residue water? How long, in the dry winters conditions at home, before attempting to revive the system again? What are my chances it will be still alive?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

You should've thrown it in a bag of rice to suck up all the moisture if possible.

I have a bad feeling you will be buying another drones, water is bad for these machines.

You should've thrown it in a bag of rice to suck up all the moisture if possible.

Sound advice on paper. But have you thought of where all that rice may have ended up, if you did it properly? I have actually thought of both rice and salt, but rejected both as more trouble down the road than immediate advantage. I mean, what’s the point if you’d have to completely disassemble the Karma afterwards, and thus void any warranty?

Had GoPro support told me to do that, I’d have done it [emoji23][emoji23].

Wow, I am getting the entire system replaced. My belief in Karma has just risen exponentially. It pays to ask politely and be open about own errors.

Lucky you. I have a water damage too and after long chats with support, I didnt get any replacement. I lost control to Karma and could not operate it manually. Controls didnt work and the drone dove to the river. Water of course damaged both the drone and the camera. Now I am looking for spare parts and trying to fix these by myself. Or actually the drone is outside psysically ok but probably the battery is dead. And Gopro 7 camera touch screen is dead.

Wow, I am getting the entire system replaced. My belief in Karma has just risen exponentially. It pays to ask politely and be open about own errors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS