Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Waiting, anxiously.....

Latebraking

Reaction score
GoPro has been a ubiquitous part of consumer & commercial video creation for a long time, and put within reach, the average person's ability to get video footage that previously was only possible if you were a helicopter pilot and / or a film maker. Now, all of us can be, with any number of quadcopters and either gopro cameras, or one of their competitors. The competition made gopro cameras better, and now gopro has a chance to come up with a better quadcopter. Let's see what they've learned from their observations of the market...... I'm excited to find out!

Reactions: clackey
I hope they have been paying attention to the other makers shortcomings and they build & improve on that. ;)

Reactions: Dirkclod
It would be a big disappointment, if they didn't learn from other companies' mistakes, and quite expensive for them.

Bound to have teething problems early on, just look at 3DR trying to get it right to take on DJI, but their camera technology should be sound as long as they ditch that awful fisheye lens and do a proper rectilinear lens for aerial work. Wonder who is getting them their drone expertise ?

Bound to have teething problems early on, just look at 3DR trying to get it right to take on DJI, but their camera technology should be sound as long as they ditch that awful fisheye lens and do a proper rectilinear lens for aerial work. Wonder who is getting them their drone expertise ?
3DR has a lot of issues. Many people have sold them off due to problems and delays in parts & gimbals. I don't think 3DR will hang on if they don't pull a rabbit out of their hat. Yuneec has a good machine but the range is limited. Gopro needs to address all these issues & more.

Reactions: Dirkclod
It's safe to say that -all- of the drone companies have strengths, weaknesses, etc., and I'm pretty confident that the new GoPro drone will as well, whether the problems are real or perceived. But, while I have no definitive proof, I don't see any indication that Solo is in any danger of going under.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS