Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

video with Karma go pro black 5

Tom

Reaction score
I turned Protune on. set video at 2.7K FOV wide, 60 fps, 1/60" ISO 400, stabilization on.

The image on the controller was way over exposed. I finally had to go back to auto exposure to get a readable image. What am I doing wrong?

tc

I turned Protune on. set video at 2.7K FOV wide, 60 fps, 1/60" ISO 400, stabilization on.
The image on the controller was way over exposed. I finally had to go back to auto exposure to get a readable image. What am I doing wrong?
tc

i keep my iso at 1600, as for the controller. The video feed is never that great. im not sure if its because its running on a 2.4Ghz frequency or what.

you would think that an even higher ISO would be even more blown out on the monitor?? very strange.

you would think that an even higher ISO would be even more blown out on the monitor?? very strange.
higher iso increases sensitivity to light and shutter speed. Lower is better during bright days. Depending the situation and the scene you are shooting. It does not effect the image cropping. Just helps with image control quality.

so when video is set to 2.7k at 60fps and ISO at 400 I have to use "auto exposure" 1/60" gives a totally overexposed image. Why is that?

higher iso increases sensitivity to light and shutter speed. Lower is better during bright days. Depending the situation and the scene you are shooting.
so when video is set to 2.7k at 60fps and ISO at 400 I have to use "auto exposure" 1/60" gives a totally overexposed image. Why is that?
i take it you fully calibrated the drone and updated the camera + controller right? Also if you use auto exposure its going to adjust based on what the camera catches. I would hook up the camera to your computer and update it using "Quik" or "Go Pro Studio". As for the controller and drone. You should be able to connect to your wifi using your controller. Then try the video again. Also you may have to shut off the Auto Exposure and manually adjust the ISO based on the scene you are trying to capture. If that does not work then im guessing its the GoPro hero.

If you want to manually set the shutter, you need to get some ND filters. This has nothing to do with Karma or the controller.

If it's not too bright out, you can try to manually set the shutter but lock the ISO at 100. Also, if you are using 60fps you want a shutter of 1/120 for a natural look.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS