Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

U.S Senate passed new Drone legislation in U.S.

Shon

Reaction score
"The FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 repeals Section 336, under which currently all hobbyist drone operators fly. Going forward all drone pilots will be required to register their aircraft and take an aeronautical knowledge test. The act also includes new provisions for tracking and ID, privacy reporting, and enforcement. Also included is the “Preventing Emerging Threats Act”, as well as Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) and drone integration into the National Airspace System (NAS)"

Here is a full copy of the story here:
FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 passed by Senate - DroneDJ

Reactions: Ironspear
That is quite interesting reading. I wonder if Australia will follow suit also.

That is quite interesting reading. I wonder if Australia will follow suit also.
I was told all other countries already have similar regulations the US is just now catching up with the rest of the world

Yeah but this is Australia mate! LMAO!
I would be surprised if we had legislation like this yet.
We are usually way behind most other first world countries with everything here.
Some of us are still running ADSL internet connections over copper wire.

Any opinions on the blanket prohibition on >400ft AGL (so no more high flight in class G airspace)?
Also...what makes me wary is the testing requirement...no more flying the Tello in the backyard with the kids!?

Any opinions on the blanket prohibition on >400ft AGL (so no more high flight in class G airspace)?
Also...what makes me wary is the testing requirement...no more flying the Tello in the backyard with the kids!?

We will have to stay tuned and see what the FAA has planned.

In some ways, this could be a positive step, in that blanket bans might eventually be removed for those with a license and training.

Reactions: b00tl3g

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS