• no.... can't wait to try

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • no.... Crashed my Karma and it will never fly again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • took that buggy &%$@ back and bought another product

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Love how the page says "Bug Fixes" lets hope so....Today was very overcast and the new 2.0 firmware had been installed. Took this up to 700 feet and about 2800 feet away from controller with very little break up on screen, never lost contact. then upon returning to my location I took it to 1000' with no problems. next time will do in better weather with the GPS going.Seems to be working like it did before the 1.51 update, fingers crossed

From what I’ve seen it follows the controller. No good if you are water skiing

Love how the page says "Bug Fixes" lets hope so....Today was very overcast and the new 2.0 firmware had been installed. Took this up to 700 feet and about 2800 feet away from controller with very little break up on screen, never lost contact. then upon returning to my location I took it to 1000' with no problems. next time will do in better weather with the GPS going.Seems to be working like it did before the 1.51 update, fingers crossed
Thank you for posting this.

Do you have any examples of multi-point Cable Cam? Specifically one where you set each point with the Karma pointed in different directions with different tilt on the gimbal. I'm just curious if the Karma will tilt the gimbal and yaw the copter around between each point. I did see you can manually control yaw yourself while it slides along the cable... but I was wondering if you could set it up to do that for you.

From what I’ve seen it follows the controller. No good if you are water skiing
Actually, that works pretty well for water skiing. I've not flown a Karma, but I've filmed water skiers and innertubers with a variety of drones over the years. The best footage usually is when you follow the boat as opposed to the water skier. Just set up the framing right and you'll be happier with that then if you try to follow the athlete.

Actually, that works pretty well for water skiing. I've not flown a Karma, but I've filmed water skiers and innertubers with a variety of drones over the years. The best footage usually is when you follow the boat as opposed to the water skier. Just set up the framing right and you'll be happier with that then if you try to follow the athlete.

If you haven’t flown a karma, how do you understand if the follow me flight mode is any good????

For this to work the karma follows the controller unit, which has to be open. And if for some reason you take a fall with it on you, it’s going to mean a new controller unit at £400!!!! No thanks

If you haven’t flown a karma, how do you understand if the follow me flight mode is any good????
Edit: I get your question now. I didn’t say anything about the Karma’s performance. I was just responding to a previous post. I was talking about the technique of *following* for practical use with waterskiers.

I’ll leave my original answer below:

I understand because I’ve flown drones for years and I’ve filmed water skiers numerous times using a variety of following techniques. Follow the skier, follow the boat, plan ahead and drive the boat and the drone on preset paths, free hand, two man setup, etc, etc.

Based on that experience, I’ve learned that with waterskiing it’s best to follow the boat. The back and forth motion of the skier is tough for most drones to keep up with and the footage is often awful. The best is when you follow the boat. It varies by drone manufacturer, but if you can program an offset of 30 feet behind the boat, that’s a bonus. For drones with visual tracking like DJIs (where you highlight something on the screen to follow) its easier to follow the boat because drones will often loose track of the skier. It’s hit or miss even with the latest from DJI. Focusing on the boat is more reliable.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS