Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Throttle Karma controls?

OBjuan

Reaction score
Greetings, I am a fairly new Karma owner and finding it both super cool and pretty frustrating all at once.

I'm wondering if there is a way for me to adjust the sensitivity of the controls?

I will very rarely to never want to fly my Karma fast or far. I am interested in slow smooth camera moves. Is there a way for me to hack the system (or better yet built into the system) to get more finite control from the remote? Change it so pushing all the way right on the right controller only makes the Karma move right about half as fast as it does right now? I'm especially interested in adjusting the rotations with the left joystick, which I find much too sensitive.

Any tips would be appreciated!

G'day mate!
Yes you can adjust you speed etc.
Go through the settings menu on the controller.
Good luck.

G'day indeed mate.

I've spent a fair amount of time trying to find such settings with little to no luck. I found a setting for the the speed of the Tilt Wheel (the left finger guy to tilt the cam up and down) which is cool, except that is the only control whose responsiveness I am currently happy with. I don't see any adjustments to the other controls in the menu next to that.

I found a thing to "calibrate the joysticks" which has you move each joysitck into the 4 corners, but if there was an option to define what you wanted those calibrations to equate to, I did not see it. But i would be perfectly happy for someone to guide me to the setting I'm not finding in the somewhat less than super intuitive menus.

Of course if you had specific advice Ironspear, I'm not sure it would help as you are Downunder flying your drone upside down. :) Appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Ocean

Reactions: Ironspear
G'day indeed mate.

I've spent a fair amount of time trying to find such settings with little to no luck. I found a setting for the the speed of the Tilt Wheel (the left finger guy to tilt the cam up and down) which is cool, except that is the only control whose responsiveness I am currently happy with. I don't see any adjustments to the other controls in the menu next to that.

I found a thing to "calibrate the joysticks" which has you move each joysitck into the 4 corners, but if there was an option to define what you wanted those calibrations to equate to, I did not see it. But i would be perfectly happy for someone to guide me to the setting I'm not finding in the somewhat less than super intuitive menus.

Of course if you had specific advice Ironspear, I'm not sure it would help as you are Downunder flying your drone upside down. :) Appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Ocean

HAHA!
Will have a look at the settings next time I fly. I was sure you could adjust tilt angle for the drone etc therefore making it fly slower etc. I may have it confused with othet drones I have..... Sorry.

HIya mate. Sorry but I got the Karma and my Parrot Bebop2 mixed up. Doesnt seem as though you can adjust the spped for the Karma, only putting it in SPORTS mode or taking it out of SPORTS mode can adjust the speed.

Based on this tidbit, I'd say the Bebop is the better option, what do you think after having worked with both (and others?)?

Based on this tidbit, I'd say the Bebop is the better option, what do you think after having worked with both (and others?)?

Hmm, the Karma is the better drone for photography and videography IMHO.

The Bebop2 is more a hobbyist drone I suppose. Great to learn how to fly with, easy to repair etc.
You can adjust all the flight parameters you want or just switch between "video" and "sport" mode.

The Karma is a very easy drone to fly. You just have to learn to adjust its speed more precisely using the stick.

I practiced a lot with the bebop2 and the Parrot mambo drones before I chose to get a Karma.

I still practice with the Mambo inside before I go out with either the Karma or the Bebop2s, great way to learn to fly WITHOUT many sensors.

Good luck and fly safe...

Reactions: b00tl3g
Greetings, I am a fairly new Karma owner and finding it both super cool and pretty frustrating all at once.

I'm wondering if there is a way for me to adjust the sensitivity of the controls?

I will very rarely to never want to fly my Karma fast or far. I am interested in slow smooth camera moves. Is there a way for me to hack the system (or better yet built into the system) to get more finite control from the remote? Change it so pushing all the way right on the right controller only makes the Karma move right about half as fast as it does right now? I'm especially interested in adjusting the rotations with the left joystick, which I find much too sensitive.

Any tips would be appreciated!

You might want to assure that Sports mode is "off" (it probably already is). If Sports mode is "on" your drone will fly much faster, and controls will respond much more quickly. Flying with Sports mode off is generally considered better for videography.

Other than that...practice makes perfect. I imagine you will get used to finessing the controls to achieve the right rotation speed. You have finite control by virtue of being able to move the stick as close or far from the center as you want to achieve slower or faster rotation. the opposite of finite control is pressing the stick all the way to the left or right to achieve a singular rotation speed. While the high rotation speed might not seem to work that great for videography...it works for other things. It has certainly helped me out of a jam when my drone suddenly lost GPS connection and I had to quickly regain control of a drifting drone. It has also helped me to quickly reorient and reset my drone, to set up various shots in the shortest amount of time.

It bugs me too, and I find it too sensitive at times (it messes up my shots when I hit it by accident)... but one time I found use for it as a cinematic transition (See minute 2:40 Here: Phantom Falls 2018). It was quite by accident...but I liked the effect in that particular scene.

Hmm, the Karma is the better drone for photography and videography IMHO.

The Bebop2 is more a hobbyist drone I suppose. Great to learn how to fly with, easy to repair etc.
You can adjust all the flight parameters you want or just switch between "video" and "sport" mode.

The Karma is a very easy drone to fly. You just have to learn to adjust its speed more precisely using the stick.

I practiced a lot with the bebop2 and the Parrot mambo drones before I chose to get a Karma.

I still practice with the Mambo inside before I go out with either the Karma or the Bebop2s, great way to learn to fly WITHOUT many sensors.

Good luck and fly safe...
I have the Karma- and the BeBop 2 as well and can verify what Ironspear says!

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS