Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Three blade props on Karma?

I can see it is a waste of time using this forum. The hogs don't need slopped for a few minutes so here goes. Riddle me this Splatt man. If the Karma is so perfect why is it no longer being produced? With such stellar engineering bordering on perfection why have there been so many Karma's fly off's? "Quality and performance stands out a mile" ??? Fly's out a mile is more accurate! Are you a paid shill or an employee of GoPro kissing up to management?
Free thrust. Ducted fans are constructed so that the fan housing is a lifting body on its own. Air flow over the duct surfaces produce lift and is in addition to the lift produced by the prop.
Krash, over and OUT!

What a rude small minded person you are Krash. Just plain rude. Dont come back to the forum if you cant handle the responses YOU ask for. Omg what a tosser!! Maybe too much time spent "sloppin out the hogs" mate. ?

Reactions: Shon
What a rude small minded person you are Krash. Just plain rude. Dont come back to the forum if you cant handle the responses YOU ask for. Omg what a tosser!! Maybe too much time spent "sloppin out the hogs" mate. ?
How was Krash rude? Cause he wants to make mods to an abandoned drone left to die by GoPro. GoPro produces great action cameras but when it comes to the karma, that's a POS. I own a karma and a DJI Spark. Karma is way behind the spark in technology. I'm afraid to fly the karma due to the fact that is known to fly off on it's own, and it has happened to me, luckily I manage to find it hovering. You guys are giving GoPro to much credit for this failure (karma). It seemed like you guys didn't like what Krash said what he wants to do with his Karma and then you guys quoted GoPros cons from their website. Some people may say, you guys are the ones that are being rude by being closed minded while everyone around you is having their Precious Karma fly-away.I'm with you guys on the fact that we did spend money on the karma from a reputable company and were left hung and dried with no updates to the firmware and software. Believe me, I want someone to take a whack at the karma and get us updates. If someone just like Krash comes along and says he wants to do this and that with the karma, more power to them and to keep us posted with progress updates, but to try to discourage by saying no after market props for GoPro karma, and Quality and performance stands out a mile, and the engineering that goes/went into the Karma is so precise that to alter it may prove catastrophic, It all ready is!! All this praise about the drone is really about the GoPro cameras, you guys darn well know, you're not talking about the GoPro Karma drone. Besides there's way cheaper drones that a GoPro can be attached to it with a gimbal and have full control. By the way, I thought GoPro was a fast action cam not a slow professional videography, photography camera.. Personally I don't care much about body mods I'm more interested in someone hacking the software and firmware to remove the bugs that cause fly-aways.

PS. People have spend a lot of $$$ in GoPro products and are trying to stay loyal to GoPro, to the point of defending a catastrophic dangerous failure "Karma" with that said, to each his own....

Last edited:
How was Krash rude? Cause he wants to make mods to an abandoned drone left to die by GoPro. GoPro produces great action cameras but when it comes to the karma, that's a POS. I own a karma and a DJI Spark. Karma is way behind the spark in technology. I'm afraid to fly the karma due to the fact that is known to fly off on it's own, and it has happened to me, luckily I manage to find it hovering. You guys are giving GoPro to much credit for this failure (karma). It seemed like you guys didn't like what Krash said what he wants to do with his Karma and then you guys quoted GoPros cons from their website. Some people may say, you guys are the ones that are being rude by being closed minded while everyone around you is having their Precious Karma fly-away.I'm with you guys on the fact that we did spend money on the karma from a reputable company and were left hung and dried with no updates to the firmware and software. Believe me, I want someone to take a whack at the karma and get us updates. If someone just like Krash comes along and says he wants to do this and that with the karma, more power to them and to keep us posted with progress updates, but to try to discourage by saying no after market props for GoPro karma, and Quality and performance stands out a mile, and the engineering that goes/went into the Karma is so precise that to alter it may prove catastrophic, It all ready is!! All this praise about the drone is really about the GoPro cameras, you guys darn well know, you're not talking about the GoPro Karma drone. Besides there's way cheaper drones that a GoPro can be attached to it with a gimbal and have full control. By the way, I thought GoPro was a fast action cam not a slow professional videography, photography camera.. Personally I don't care much about body mods I'm more interested in someone hacking the software and firmware to remove the bugs that cause fly-aways.

PS. People have spend a lot of $$$ in GoPro products and are trying to stay loyal to GoPro, to the point of defending a catastrophic dangerous failure "Karma" with that said, to each his own....

Interesting first post in the forums!
You choose this topic. Very interesting...
"Is that you Krash?" flashed through my mind?
I think it may be Krash or mayhap a relative??
Why would you come in here and just say crap about the Karma?
Krash asked a question and didnt like the answers he got.
He needs to move on and not send family/dopplegangers in here to try and justify his inane behaviour.

To quote the famous childrens story "back under your bridge little Mr Troll!" :)

Aarmyoc,

You take a much more respectful tone in your post, and you are not rude or making fun of others for disagreeing with you. Rudeness has nothing to do with the argument, and everything to do with how the argument is being made.

I'm with you guys on the fact that we did spend money on the karma from a reputable company and were left hung and dried with no updates to the firmware and software.

Gopro has offered firmware updates. They did so recently when they released the Hero 7 Camera.

Personally I don't care much about body mods I'm more interested in someone hacking the software and firmware to remove the bugs that cause fly-aways.

All drones have flyaways. I am very active on Mavic Forums. They fly away and crash too, even the Spark...even the Mavic 2 Pro. Sometimes it is user error, sometimes it is a hardware malfunction...same as the Karma...I'm not aware of any specific firmware or software issues that cause flyaways on the Karma.

I think one of the major differences between the DJ products and Gopro products, is that DJI owners have the ability to download and analyze the flight logs. This allows DJI owners to police themselves, and to call out the "BS" from pilots claiming their drone just magically disappeared due to no fault of their own. Spark owners can't get away with claiming that DJI firmware bugs are causing their Sparks to just "Fly away" because when the post "proof"...it often indicates drone loss was due to operator error.

DJI owners can get a second opinion, Gopro owners can't...and that allows allegations to just stand out there...with no ability to contradict non-objective statements. I would really like to see a way for Gopro flight logs to be made public, so that all can learn from the data. As of now...all we have is speculation...maybe Gopro won't release this info publicly because it would prove there are firmware or software bugs..maybe not.

You can claim that your Karma just flew away for no reason...but only Gopro has the ability to actually study the logs and decide if that is true or not. As a result...the rumors hang out there that the Karma just "flies away on its own"... and I think Gopro does themselves more damage than not...by not allowing this information to be public.

The VAST majority of "flyaways" that I have seen, involve drones that are being flown in areas with high degrees of electronic interference, around power-lines, or in residential areas. When loss of GPS occurs, the drone drifts (Similar to what happens with a DJI drone is in Atti mode. New users, panicking and fighting control of the drone hit "Return to home"...the drone doesn't know where "home" is...so it takes off... In situation where the drone drifts far enough away that Remote Control connection is lost, a similar event might occur.

DJI drones have more sophisticated programming to deal with these eventualities but it isn't foolproof. In some cases, they just land...and if it happens to be in the water..oh well...

People have spend a lot of $$$ in GoPro products and are trying to stay loyal to GoPro, to the point of defending a catastrophic dangerous failure "Karma" with that said, to each his own....

Well..I think it is fair to say that the Karma recall that happened shortly after the Karma was released was a disastrous nightmare for Gopro, but I do think it is a bit simplistic to call the Karma a "catastrophic dangerous failure" as there were other factors completely unrelated to the Karma, that led to Gopro's decision to shutter the project.

The Gopro Karma actually had 25% of the market (Second to DJI), and was fairly far along in the process of creating a "Karma 2", when Gopro decided not to continue in the drone business. The failure was not so much the Karma, as it was much of Gopro's other poor and failing business decisions, and outside competition, that made it appear that Gopro was about to head off a financial cliff. Their attempt to become a multimedia company like Youtube, almost bankrupted them. This climate forced them to layoff much of their workforce, including those working on the "Karma 2" and put a laser focus on their main "bread and butter", which is making action cameras. As a result of this business decision, Gopro has made a significant turnaround in their business and are back on the road to being a profitable company.

DJI drones like the Mavic Pro, released shortly after the Karma, had significant innovations that made it a superior drone to the Karma. The Karma also had some innovative elements that are still in high demand by DJI enthusiasts today.

If Gopro was in a better financial situation...I think they could have done well in direct competition with DJI in the drone market. Unfortunately...we will never know what might have been...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS