Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

The Seeker Pack

Mokuluanui

Reaction score
Does anyone use the GP Seeker pack to transport their Karma Drone? If so, do you find it much better than the OEM backpack/case?

I
I do. It's not as bulky. I recommend it. Plenty n of room in it.
Sarge, I finally got one, but I was a little concerned about if the Seeker could hold the Karma Drone. One video recommended against it, so I was apprehensive when I tried and found the Seeker too small. But after reading kaponski's post on the Seeker, I tried a second time, and Bingo it worked. The initial problem was I was attempting to place the Karma behind the elastic in the main compartment, big mistake. I placed the launch pad behind the elastic and the Karma in the main compartment, with the props and the gimbal removed. Next I placed the gimbal in the upper zippered pocket and slipped the controller in the padded pocket, sliding it down lengthwise. I placed the props and prop tool in a thin zippered pencil bag and slipped that down the space between the Karma and the controller, next came two extra batteries in the space at the bottom of the bag to the left and right of the Karma. Finally a 2 L water bladder in the water pocket. That basically gave me the Karma, the controller, launch pad, two extra batteries, one battery in the Karma, for a total of 3 batteries and finally a 2L water bladder. The side pocket would give me a potential 2 more additional batteries for a total of 5 batteries. Finally, I placed the Seeker on my back, and it was very comfortable. I had space for a pack cover and probably lunch or some energy bars. It's great to have two great choices to carry the Karma in your quiver.

Last edited:
That's good news. I hope you got a good deal on the seeker. Post a video. We would love to see what you do with the karma drone.

Reactions: Mokuluanui
That's good news. I hope you got a good deal on the seeker. Post a video. We would love to see what you do with the karma drone.
Right now the Karma is in lockdown, but will be flying hopefully soon. As far as the price of the Seeker, cheap is not a feature of any Go Pro product, but it is high on quality, utility and great design and yes it is very cool. Here is a video I did right after the Karma firmware update.

Reactions: Ironspear
Not much is open. I work in law enforcement so I'm still working but not doing much. Look like a Lovely place Hawaii. Never been there.

I

Sarge, I finally got one, but I was a little concerned about if the Seeker could hold the Karma Drone. One video recommended against it, so I was apprehensive when I tried and found the Seeker too small. But after reading kaponski's post on the Seeker, I tried a second time, and Bingo it worked. The initial problem was I was attempting to place the Karma behind the elastic in the main compartment, big mistake. I placed the launch pad behind the elastic and the Karma in the main compartment, with the props and the gimbal removed. Next I placed the gimbal in the upper zippered pocket and slipped the controller in the padded pocket, sliding it down lengthwise. I placed the props and prop tool in a thin zippered pencil bag and slipped that down the space between the Karma and the controller, next came two extra batteries in the space at the bottom of the bag to the left and right of the Karma. Finally a 2 L water bladder in the water pocket. That basically gave me the Karma, the controller, launch pad, two extra batteries, one battery in the Karma, for a total of 3 batteries and finally a 2L water bladder. The side pocket would give me a potential 2 more additional batteries for a total of 5 batteries. Finally, I placed the Seeker on my back, and it was very comfortable. I had space for a pack cover and probably lunch or some energy bars. It's great to have two great choices to carry the Karma in your quiver.

Let me suggest one thing for you.

is there no way to put the drone inside the seeker with the gimbal attached?

well it may seem corny but i suggest you to stop disconnceting your gimbal to the drone. They are only connected via USB-C ports. Those are flimsy at best. As soon as they get loose you will defenitly have an issue with the gimbal and or the drone side.

You will render your drone useless with that small of an issue.

Great input, I initially placed the Karma with the gimbal in the Seeker, but I had a problem getting past the top, padded compartment without moving the camera housing in order to place it behind the padded compartment. The padded compartment felt stiff and somewhat unmovable. I always take the gimbal off the Karma in order to place the camera in the housing because it is such a tight fit the strain on the gimbal arms is significant. I totally understand the concern mentioned by Sarge and Dronelover and am going to try to leave it on when I pack the Karma next time. Thanks for the great advice folks.

Reactions: dronelover
i just watched a couple of youtube vidoes about the seeker with karma drone and it definitely has enough space to fit the drone with the gimbal/camera attached.
Maybe you need to lift the upper padding upwards before you lock the front arms/camera/gimbal in place?

seems to be a cool bag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS