Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

The Karma is still being manufactured

Billybob

Reaction score
After speaking with Karma support over the last few days, they told me they are still manufacturing the Karma. I asked for how long and he didn’t seem to know. I told him people where still purchasing it and using it and he they knew that. Maybe someone will pickup the line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
After speaking with Karma support over the last few days, they told me they are still manufacturing the Karma. I asked for how long and he didn’t seem to know. I told him people where still purchasing it and using it and he they knees that. Maybe someone will pickup the line?

Pitty they sell them now for very low prices. If someone picks up the line they will have some problems with that. No profit att all even not for gopro.. Stupid move.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T820 met Tapatalk

You mean they are still producing new batch of Karma instead of just rely on the remaining of the stock to clear it? If it is, the market demand is still there

You mean they are still producing new batch of Karma instead of just rely on the remaining of the stock to clear it? If it is, the market demand is still there

Yes, that’s what they told me. You can purchase at Best Buy and B&H/ so I’m not sure what is going on. I suspect that the company that actually built the drone for GoPro decided to keep producing them- but I’m not really sure.

Hi newbie just bought my karma few day ago .. my first fly crash . My flight just less then 5 meter far and high less that 3 meter when I press landed button to fly to me .. once I press it the drone flying up and crash with palm tree .. before I try to fly I was practice at GoPro controller I just fly same like that I do in controller . In controller when you press the landed fly to you the drone didn’t go up and fly to you just forward to you only .. the difference from the controller practice and real total difference..

Hi newbie just bought my karma few day ago .. my first fly crash . My flight just less then 5 meter far and high less that 3 meter when I press landed button to fly to me .. once I press it the drone flying up and crash with palm tree .. before I try to fly I was practice at GoPro controller I just fly same like that I do in controller . In controller when you press the landed fly to you the drone didn’t go up and fly to you just forward to you only .. the difference from the controller practice and real total difference..

Yep, I stop using return to home. Had the same issue. they should replace for you.

Yep, I stop using return to home. Had the same issue. they should replace for you.
Yes they are replace for me ... with everything .. I heard many issue on karma lost gps signal ... how to know gps signal is not or not in that area ? Mostly I watch YouTube karma lost gps signal and crash ... any tips ?

Make sure to calibrate gps every time you fly. Don’t use return to home. Land manually. Very easy to do.

Reactions: Shred
Make sure to calibrate gps every time you fly. Don’t use return to home. Land manually. Very easy to do.

How to calibrate with gps ?
Cause first time I fly I crash I have no chance to touch other function and see the controller function ..

All, look carefully at link provided for “calibrating GPS”. The link states:

Follow these steps to calibrate the compass or accelerometer on your Karma Drone:

You do not and cannot calibrate the GPS. Just like the one in your car or any GPS device. The GPS receiver looks for satellites when turned on and once it has locked on to a minimum number of satellites (usually around 6) it processes those signals into location information. There is no external calibration process.

Calibrating the accelerometer really does not need to be done that often and Karma will advise if it sees any calibration issue. Compass is used for internal orientation. It really does not matter much if off a few degrees from one location to another.

I read the string above and return to home worked exactly as it is supposed to and is described in manual. Karma gets signal, climbs to specified altitude and comes home and descends. You can override with stick input. When you talk about loss of GPS why would anyone be flying directly under a palm tree in any case? Am surprised GoPro is helping out here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any advice get better for karma ? Before lost connection or signal ? Better to download map ?

Karma love palm tree .. I think

Some tips I have learned:

When you press the “return to home” button, or your Karma battery is running too low, the Karma is programmed to fly to a safe height and return to you. If the Kamrma is under a tree when this happens, it may result in a crash.

You can set the height limit on your controller settings. You can also cancel the return to home function on the screen of your controller, but most of us, especially novice pilots, are not looking at our controllers when this kind of thing happens.

I came very close to crashing into a tree the first time my battery ran low, and the drone shot into the air while positioned under a tree! I quickly pushed my control stick all the way down in order to decrease elevation, but the drone seemed non-responsive! After a few seconds (it seemed like hours,lol) I regained control and was able to land. Had I been paying attention to the screen, I would have seen the “X” I needed to hit, that would have disabled the auto-land feature. Had I looked down at the screen, I probably would have crashed into the tree. Having experienced this issue, I now know how to respond if it happens again.

It helps to practice flying your drone in a large open field to become familiar with how it responds. You should also survey any place your are flying paying special attention to any dangers like cables in the air, other drones, kites, birds, wind gusts, trees, or objects that might cause interference with the controls ( like cell towers). It might be a good idea to visually study where you are going to fly, and what types of shots you want, before you get your drone up in the air. Before I put the drone in the air, I usually have an idea of how I plan on flying, and the types of shots I am looking for.

My karma flight 120 meter high lost connection .. karma auto land to me .. I was panic and cancel the auto land .. lucky controller still can connect to karma drone ... very scary and heart attack.. I have Dji Mavic Air and I don’t have issue of 120 meter high lost connection.. flight same place same location .. karma poor signal ..

My karma flight 120 meter high lost connection .. karma auto land to me .. I was panic and cancel the auto land .. lucky controller still can connect to karma drone ... very scary and heart attack.. I have Dji Mavic Air and I don’t have issue of 120 meter high lost connection.. flight same place same location .. karma poor signal ..

I was flying in Hong Kong near Tai Mei Tuk, and could not get a good signal, Karma kept reporting a “compass error”. Calibration would either fail, or succeed, but once I put my karma on the ground, I would get the same error message, and the Karma would not respond to launch commands. By hand launching or launching from the top of my pack I avoided the error, but on one occasion, I did experience a brief GPS loss on take- off, which was a bit scary as it was breezy, and I was standing on a short pier, while the Karma was over water. After a few seconds, GPS was locked and the rest of the flight was uneventful.

Right after I finished, another gentleman showed up with the Mavic Air, and had zero difficulty getting it off the ground.

I didn’t just experience this issue in one location, there were numerous places I seemed to have issues. All were in very remote areas, but on large concrete docks or dams, where I imagine the metal rods used in construction probably contributed to the compass interference. In the same locations, if I found dirt or grass to take off from, I did not have any issues.

I think on a breakdown I saw, the compass was near the landing gear, so that might account for some of the interference.

One day I was near Tai Po pier, and I decided not to fly my drone due to high crowds, several kites in the air, and two drones. I also thought the location was a poor choice due to being located near an industrial area with large satellites and antennas, which I have no idea what they were for. Bottom line, it just looked too risky.

While I was watching the two drones ( one was a parrot Bebop, the other a DJI Spark), the Bebop has a sudden control failure and with engines running, crashed straight into the bay. Fortunately it wasn’t too far away from the pier, and with a rope tied around his waste the pilot was able to dive in the fridged water and retreave his drone. I’m still pretty sure it was a total loss, but maybe he has insurance?

Again, the DJI Spark didn’t appear to have any problems. I talked to the pilot and his drone was fine.

Later, when the crowds died down, I tried to recalibrate my compass for the Karma, and due to interference, I never did get calebration.

I was flying in Hong Kong near Tai Mei Tuk, and could not get a good signal, Karma kept reporting a “compass error”. Calibration would either fail, or succeed, but once I put my karma on the ground, I would get the same error message, and the Karma would not respond to launch commands. By hand launching or launching from the top of my pack I avoided the error, but on one occasion, I did experience a brief GPS loss on take- off, which was a bit scary as it was breezy, and I was standing on a short pier, while the Karma was over water. After a few seconds, GPS was locked and the rest of the flight was uneventful.

Right after I finished, another gentleman showed up with the Mavic Air, and had zero difficulty getting it off the ground.

I didn’t just experience this issue in one location, there were numerous places I seemed to have issues. All were in very remote areas, but on large concrete docks or dams, where I imagine the metal rods used in construction probably contributed to the compass interference. In the same locations, if I found dirt or grass to take off from, I did not have any issues.

I think on a breakdown I saw, the compass was near the landing gear, so that might account for some of the interference.

One day I was near Tai Po pier, and I decided not to fly my drone due to high crowds, several kites in the air, and two drones. I also thought the location was a poor choice due to being located near an industrial area with large satellites and antennas, which I have no idea what they were for. Bottom line, it just looked too risky.

While I was watching the two drones ( one was a parrot Bebop, the other a DJI Spark), the Bebop has a sudden control failure and with engines running, crashed straight into the bay. Fortunately it wasn’t too far away from the pier, and with a rope tied around his waste the pilot was able to dive in the fridged water and retreave his drone. I’m still pretty sure it was a total loss, but maybe he has insurance?

Again, the DJI Spark didn’t appear to have any problems. I talked to the pilot and his drone was fine.

Later, when the crowds died down, I tried to recalibrate my compass for the Karma, and due to interference, I never did get calebration.

Why haven’t you run out and buy a DJI aircraft then?

Why haven’t you run out and buy a DJI aircraft then?

Because, all things considered, the Karma works well enough for my purposes. I still got all the shots I wanted, even though I might have had a bit of difficulty.

Why would I run out and spend $700 on a new drone, just over minor problems?

Because, all things considered, the Karma works well enough for my purposes. I still got all the shots I wanted, even though I might have had a bit of difficulty.

Why would I run out and spend $700 on a new drone, just over minor problems?

Does not sound minor to me and I would assume most that most people reading would assume the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS