Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

The grip and the karma drone don't recognize the GoPro Hero 6 black

KeramaBlue78

Reaction score
So my GoPro Karma and GoPro Karma grip don't recognize my GoPro Hero 6 black. I talked to customer service and they said that the problem is probably the harness and sent me one. I talked to some people in the Facebook group and they said that the problem is still going to persist after I get the harness replacement. I just got this drone and haven't even flown it yet and I'm already having issues. What is going on and how can I fix this issue?

Are you sure you have the last firmware on both? Try to upgrade all the devices

I'm not a complete newbie , everything on the controller says up to date but the camera itself is shaded over. The message comes up that there is no camera attached.

Ok, so I guess you have already tried to connect the camera to a pc through the USB port, and it works. The only thing in common between drone and grip is the gimbal. Have you a chance to try the gimbal usb with another gopro?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironspear
Ok, so I guess you have already tried to connect the camera to a pc through the USB port, and it works. The only thing in common between drone and grip is the gimbal. Have you a chance to try the gimbal usb with another gopro?
Yes I've tried everything automatic and manual updates. The stabilizer gimbal works fine I can move it with the controller. I think it might be something going on with the camera because when I connect it to the computer it does not recognize it. Once again everything is up to date on the controller the only thing that is not connected it's the camera.

it might be something going on with the camera because when I connect it to the computer it does not recognize it
Ok, another attempt. If you just connect the camera, even the display shows 'USB connection', the pc may not recognize it. At least, I have a Mac and it doesn't recognize it as external device. You have to install the GoPro Quick app on pc, and check if the app recognizes the camera connected through USB.

To see if the live streaming of the camera works, you should connect the HDMI port of the camera to a TV. But I guess you don't have the mini HDMI cable... who has it...

Ok, another attempt. If you just connect the camera, even the display shows 'USB connection', the pc may not recognize it. At least, I have a Mac and it doesn't recognize it as external device. You have to install the GoPro Quick app on pc, and check if the app recognizes the camera connected through USB.

To see if the live streaming of the camera works, you should connect the HDMI port of the camera to a TV. But I guess you don't have the mini HDMI cable... who has it...
I have the Quik app on mobile and I have it on the PC. When I hook it up to the PC via USB it doesn't recognize it. When I try to pair it up with the mobile app it will not connect to it by a Wi-Fi connection but it will connect to it via Bluetooth.

Did you try a full factory reset?

how about taking off the camer abattery for a while and hold that power botton on the gopro to discharge the capacitors in the unit.

a hard reset on the camera might work. Which is diffrent fron factory reset.

try those and comeback.

atleast your karma drone/gimbal and grip works. Camera these days are cheap.

If anything fails, then your usb port and hdmi port are worn out on the camera making intermitent contact when connected.

were you connecting/disconnecting thecamera from the karma gimbal multiple times?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS