Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

'Supplementary' Droning

b00tl3g

Reaction score
My beloved San Antonio is a metro of about 1.6 million people chock full of military installations, airports, hospitals, national park areas...even the NSA has a place here!
Because of these things (that help make San great place to live) the Airmap looks like the attached photo.
So I crave flying more often than I have time to drive an hour away out of the city to accomplish that.
To this end I bought the BeBop 2 FPV...but it is
still a bit large.
Last week my wife bought me my first FPV racer*...hell of a learning curve to it, but the thing is a rocket!
Anyone else on here getting into FPV?
If so, what do you have/recommend/words of advice?

* DYS XDR 220

be7396571a59847a65b31119f1b058e0.jpg

WOW!
Man they look cool...
I have 2 bebop2's for FPV flying.
I thought they went fast.
OMG how do you control it at that speed lol.
FUN! FUN! FUN!

Reactions: b00tl3g
WOW!
Man they look cool...
I have 2 bebop2's for FPV flying.
I thought they went fast.
OMG how do you control it at that speed lol.
FUN! FUN! FUN!
The short answer is I can't fully control it yet...I anticipate many hours of practice! Even just practicing hovering and basic stuff right now is a joy though!

Reactions: Ironspear
My interest has been more on the photography side rather than the flying side, but I must admit...I've seen some amazing FPV Drone Videos.

I feel your pain about travel...I frequently travel 1.5-2 hours each way in order to capture something interesting on my drone. Nice thing about FPV...is you can have quite a bit of fun flying locally if that is your thing...

Reactions: b00tl3g
Definitely. People do not seem to feel threatened by me flinging the FOV racer through the air, rather they are entertained. Also the old school RC controller doesn't seem to indicate 'privacy invasion' to them since there is no screen on it.
I also ONLY speak of my 'quadcopters' rather than 'drones'.

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS